Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gladly I was in a parking lot. Ive had to fix way to much on this truck already as is, if you buy one of these with 120,000 miles or more expect to replace shocks and entire front end suspension.

What do I get to change this out? Is there a specific part that I need? I've been looking around and is all I can find is a "universal" joint.

Edit: have 05 nissan titan 4wd

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Just sell it, it's junk like you say. I can't imagine having to replace parts on a 10 year old truck with over 100k miles on it...

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just sell it, it's junk like you say. I can't imagine having to replace parts on a 10 year old truck with over 100k miles on it...
I would if I could and get a ford contour or something unfortunately the numbers selling it dont work out due to depreciation.

These trucks really are junk.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Does anyone know what part this is? Its basically the steering shaft with the joint that sits right between the upper control arm bushings. Ive googled shafts/joints etc and I can find anything identical??

Edit I guess its just the shaft joint part 48080

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I would if I could and get a ford contour or something unfortunately the numbers selling it dont work out due to depreciation.

These trucks really are junk.

You could probably trade it for a ford tempo. Pretty quality car. I drove one for 4 years in high school.

Only had to replace the AC compressor twice, the brakes, and fix rust on one wheel well.

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by the steering shaft went out? I'm just wondering what the issue is because it has an adjustable cam bolt in it. Are you sure it doesn't need adjusted so its tight again?

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you explain what you mean by the steering shaft went out? I'm just wondering what the issue is because it has an adjustable cam bolt in it. Are you sure it doesn't need adjusted so its tight again?
Sorry i wasnt completely sure what was out in it but it appears to be one of the universal joints in the bend in the steering shaft. It also for some reason didnt have a boot on it so Im sure that added to the issue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Any 10 year old vehicle without proper maintenance is junk. My 2010 Silverado shocks were completely gone at 100000 kilometers so much so that the truck will hop sideways when hitting a pothole at 50km/h. It was scary to drive, glad its gone.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
With all the money you say you gotta keep putting into the junk truck sounds like even the depreciation hit would be worth it. I would get like a good ol chevy cavalier. Good luck with the steering thingy part number hunt. I dont think you're gonna get the best help bad mouthing your junk truck on here.

·
Premium Member
77,492 Posts
Gladly I was in a parking lot. Ive had to fix way to much on this truck already as is, if you buy one of these with 120,000 miles or more expect to replace shocks and entire front end suspension.

What do I get to change this out? Is there a specific part that I need? I've been looking around and is all I can find is a "universal" joint.

Edit: have 05 nissan titan 4wd
If one buys anything with 120k + miles, it will be a ragged out POS.

Sounds like you're just a dumb, cheap bastard. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
lol mine has 153k and still running strong should maybe take care of your truck

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
LOL literally listening to the whole thing.

Also lol at all the butthurt guys on here boohoo my truck doesnt suck :(
I would expect the issues that this truck is having to happen at 180000 sure, but not 120000 or 140000, not ALL these problems, brb new upper controls arms, new shocks, front and back, brb obnoxious clicking behind dash thats 700 to fix a 30 dollar part, brb steering rack going out, brb transmission line falls of in almost half cases nearly burns up trans everytime, brb changed both front hubs out, whats next?

Im honestly scared to ask how many miles on average you can put on these motors, to make up for all the suspension transmission and electrical parts that go out it ought to be at least 240000

·
Super Moderator
36,125 Posts
LMFAO.

You come on a Titan board and insult the brand and then you expect a warm reception with help with your problem? What did you expect with that approach, really?

I gotta ask: Did you even inspect your truck before you bought it?

If you did, don't quit your day job.

If you are so unhappy with your truck and you think "these trucks are junk" what are you doing here?

Trade that SOB for some other high mileage truck brand, rinse and repeat. Your experience doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is having the same issues you are. Ever thought of that? I think not.

Looks like you take care of your stuff.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/6258601-post29.html

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...il-bucket-contact-shock-leak.html#post6237249

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
LMFAO.

You come on a Titan board and insult the brand and then you expect a warm reception with help with your problem? What did you expect with that approach, really?

I gotta ask: Did you even inspect your truck before you bought it?

If you did, don't quit your day job.

If you are so unhappy with your truck and you think "these trucks are junk" what are you doing here?

Trade that SOB for some other high mileage truck brand, rinse and repeat. Your experience doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is having the same issues you are. Ever thought of that? I think not.

Looks like you take care of your stuff.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/6258601-post29.html

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...il-bucket-contact-shock-leak.html#post6237249
Actually from all the posts that I see on here and by complaints from other nissan owners for the most part most are having the same other problems. brb everyone complains about shocks hubs transmission line steering racks random clicking behind dash etc. Dont quit your day job though dawwwwg hue hue hue.

I do take care of my stuff thats why those problems you listed are fixed.

Also Im having trouble finding the specific and definite part that went out in the shaft but I think its this can anyone confirm?

https://parts.com/index.cfm?fuseact...5409&diagram=F681060&Title=-Titan-LOWER-SHAFT

Ill take a picture of the part right now.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
He's mentioned an after market set of coilovers as issues with our trucks (radflos). Neato.

This is comical.

Scribed for eventual boot :D

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Actually from all the posts that I see on here and by complaints from other nissan owners for the most part most are having the same other problems. brb everyone complains about radflos hubs transmission line steering racks etc. Dont quit your day job though dawwwwg hue hue hue.

I do take care of my stuff thats why those problems you listed are fixed.

Also Im having trouble finding the specific and definite part that went out in the shaft but I think its this can anyone confirm?

https://parts.com/index.cfm?fuseact...5409&diagram=F681060&Title=-Titan-LOWER-SHAFT

Ill take a picture of the part right now.
Well, then, looks like you don't need our "help" after all. Glad you found what your looking for. Might I offer a piece of advice: fix your P.O.S. truck and sell it fast, preferably before something else breaks.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
He's mentioned an after market set of coilovers as issues with our trucks (radflos). Neato.

This is comical.

Scribed for eventual boot :D
Lol my mistake error corrected.

Wont be surprised if I do get banned though. Not like ive broken any forum rules though.

Edit: heres the part, I just need the ujoint in there right?

also as you can see its already beveling out

1 - 20 of 75 Posts