Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my first Trophy Truck 19 years ago and have drolled at the chance to take a ride in one since. Today I did. Words cant describe haulin *** in a $500K race truck. I rode with Reigning Points Champ, Current Points leader, and Team Durka Member BJ Baldwin.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
congrats man! looks like ya had fun. I've been wanting to race Baja for about 10 years now, never had the time or cash to even go watch.
Since I last talked to Greg @PRG my dreams are over!:upsidedow I asked him how much it would cost to get my 2wd 04' Titan ready to race....40k holy crap! the wife hates me know for what I spend on my trucks!:jester:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
daaaamn! definitely the chance of a lifetime, to ride in one of the higher end TTs! how did that come about? can't just cruise by the shop and say, "hey, take me for a spin"

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
jasonmotox said:
Since I last talked to Greg @PRG my dreams are over!:upsidedow I asked him how much it would cost to get my 2wd 04' Titan ready to race....40k holy crap! the wife hates me know for what I spend on my trucks!:jester:
hahaha!!! i asked the same thing and that 40k is just enough to get you in a class a few notches above the stock class... :jester:

it may be the year 2020, but i will one day get my titan in a Baja race! :cheers: maybe i'll see you there J!!! :upsidedow

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can buy a built ranger or yota for $10-20k. Converting a titan is not worth it.

·
Banned
324 Posts
or a half built one for 30k.

itd be worth it if the funds allow. i think titans are going to be popping up all over the desert scene before you know it..the potential for these trucks is way better than any of the big 3 companies.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I don't know how you did it, but man had to be a rush!!
Looks like a CORR track, was it and where?
Just the sound of a TT on the gas gets my hair standing on end...
I'm sure you thanked him and let it be known you are available in the future for right seat duty ANYTIME...
I have to ask...What's it like the first time he throws that truck sideways coming into a hi speed corner?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
loufish said:
Looks like a CORR track, was it and where?
ah.....Terribles Cup in Vegas, a shortcourse track (but a SCORE event)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
ah.....Terribles Cup in Vegas, a shortcourse track (but a SCORE event)
Ahh.....Even better!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
"Things to do before you die"

Pick a banana from a banana tree
Pick a coconut from a coconut tree

I think that's about it.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forget the fruit trees, I was more Trophy Trucks. The rest of my weekend up there was great but even if it was a disaster I would not have cared.

I think my quote over the intercom at the end of the ride was "This is better than banging two 18 year olds!"

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
kartman said:
Forget the fruit trees, I was more Trophy Trucks. The rest of my weekend up there was great but even if it was a disaster I would not have cared.

I think my quote over the intercom at the end of the ride was "This is better than banging two 18 year olds!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon FVCKING CLASSIC!!!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
k, you didn't happen to shoot the $hit with BJ or the Baldwin camp after the race did you? just to see what kind of mood he was in after they took the win from him?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lets just say not happy. I think he got robbed personally.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
kartman said:
You can buy a built ranger or yota for $10-20k. Converting a titan is not worth it.
hey Kart, SDtitan1 and i checked out the ranger in riverside... don't know if you've seen it yet, but [email protected] one hell of a fabrication job! the cage rocks and both SD and I were cracking up when we saw the bumper :jester: i'm sure if i saw that rolling down the trail behind me, i'd quickly get off the trail...:jester:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ah MacCachren looks happy! it's almost funny to see TTs racing shortcourse, poor trucks.......I see you got visionX on board Kart, nice.

new cage is definitely looking good, still plan on having it ready in a month or so?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts