Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If it is...here is the run down on what I got...

I have been a Ford guy since just about the day I was born, and I havebeen driving a 1997 Ranger Splash since new, in 97.

Just this past November, My wife and I found out that we are having a baby, so, we have to upgrade our vehicle...We went to the Ford dealer, looking for something cheap...in a Supercab...you know, baby seat and what not...I ended up driving home in a 2005 Nissan Titan King Cab, xe trim model, in black.
I am not sure, but I think the previous owner put an exhaust, as it has a bit of a rumble, but not loud enough for me...

So this leaves us to my question...
In the shop today, I had a Titan come in (4x4) with front end damage. This truck has a skid plate on the front. The skid plate is getting replaced, despite not seeming any major damage.

I was wondering, if this skid plate will mount up to the front end of my truck, even though it is not the same trim package?
I took a brief lok (it is 20 degrees with a WC of 10 ish) and did not see the same bracketsas I did under the other truck...

Justin

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
The skid plate should mount right up. The frames are all exactly a like.

Welocme to TT.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Should mount no problem. Welcome to the forum. The rumble you hear is *more than likely* stock. They put a nice throaty sound on our trucks from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
162,264 Posts
Welcome to the boards. It won't be hard to figure out if your truck has a stock exhaust. Just slide on under there and take a look. But even without that, what does the tailpipe look like? Does it curve out the back like in this pic?

Edit: Pic didn't load.

There it is. :lol:

If it does, it's more than likely stock although it's possible someone put in an aftermarket muffler inline without redoing the whole exhaust. If they did though, you'd be able to tell from underneath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts