Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some feedback from all you members out there... Thinking about buying a 2005 Titan LE with 75k on it. I have never owned a Titan or a Nissan for that matter, I am normally a Chevy guy.

What do I need to be worried about? What do I look for? The truck Im looking at is 2WD and is immaculate inside and out (from looking at it and test driving it for 5mins). I would be the 3rd owner (the seller thinks)

Help....

Thanks!

PS: What should I be paying for it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
kbb rates a 05 le crew cab from a private party at 14700..id talk him to 14 or less i have seen them go any where from 13 to 15 at dealerships as for what to look out for im new to the titan world to but from what ive heard exhaust manifolds and differentials are the 2 big things to look out for...someone else will chime in soon to help to im sure but i was a chevy guy for 6 years until i test drove my titan so if you can get a good deal on a titan i like most everyone else on here would have to say GO FOR IT lol i love the hell out of my titan and thats hard to say for a hard core chevy guy real hard to say haha

·
Registered
384 Posts
I traded my 09 Silvy with 5K miles for my 05 Titan (38k miles)....the manifolds and diffs dont happened to everyone. You will see alot of them on the internet, but very few people go out of there way to praise a product. Most are REAL quick to complain about one.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
check the exhaust manis, rear axle seals, and just regular things. for a 2005 le with 75k miles... i think $13500...

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you can try to find a 07' or newer, thats when nissan fixed the rear diff problem and the manifolds. the 08' titans apparantly came with bigger brakes then the prior years. but yea I would talk him down to $13,500, just remind him that were in a recession and not many people are looking for gas guzzling trucks. dont be scared to walk away for a day and call and ask em if he would take your offer if not there not hard to find. i found an 05' titan le 4x4 with around the same mileage for the same price that hes asking on craigslist. good luck

Reactions: Hatchman

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I've had 2 Titans without a failed differential or exhaust manifold, both were 2004's. 2wds seem to be less problematic. I would check the rear axle seals for leakage, any leakage at the pinion seal at the differential. Other than that you should be good to go.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

The truck is in immaculate condition - really clean. I think they guy owes too much on it though to come down below $15k. He started at $17,500 advertised.... Im glad you guys chimed in, I think I should be paying somewhere around $14k for it as well.

I will keep looking, luckily I have something else to drive in the meantime.

Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would be looking to pay under 14 for that Titan, good advice from the guys above.

My '04 2wd had stinky rear end fluid when I changed it, but never failed. Once I went to a heavier weight oil, that seemed to help. But I would look for an '07 or newer of money will allow.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Buy 07' or newer if you can.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i just got my 09 in November with 15k miles i only paid $16K

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
the price will depend on where you live also, but even in the expensive markets anything over $15k for an 05 with 75k and only 2wd is a rip off. Its not your fault he owes too much. I got an 06, but had i done forum research i would have gone with an 07 or newer. a couple grand more for less miles and less potential problems could be well worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Prior to my 04 Titan I owned

95 Silverado 4x4
98 Sierra Z71
03 Sierra Z71

I had always been happy with my GM products until the 03, it was anemic and it had issues with the trany. I traded it in on the Titan and have never looked back, well except for the ONSTAR.... There were many a day I wish I had saved the money and just kept the 98 instead of buying that 03.... As far as the Titan goes most of the issues I read on here are brakes or rearends. Stay away from the early E-lockers.... Mine is a non locker and from what I have seen that seems to be the key to keeping the rearend in tact, oh and not lifting it and throwing 40" tires on it.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well I picked it up for $14,500. Worth it to me and as the saying goes "there's an arse for every seat".... :)

Now trying to decide on what lift and wheel and tire combo to go with!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrads! Wheels/tires and a lift a good starts...just dont forget about exhaust, intake, programmer, Tru Tac.....etc

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Well I picked it up for $14,500. Worth it to me and as the saying goes "there's an arse for every seat".... :)

Now trying to decide on what lift and wheel and tire combo to go with!
... and now he finds out why T's are so much more expensive than Chevy's ...

MODS!!!!!!!

Next thing you know he'll be bedlinering everything, blacking out the lamps, changing the dashlights to LEDs, but first he's got to find a Bully Dog GT ;-)

Enjoy the T!

Oh ya, I forgot, don't forget to pick up a, "Ya It'll Beat a Hemi" sticker from Moze! I love mine. It's the best thing I put on my truck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts