Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about it ever since I got the truck. Not sure what I would get considering I never have messed around with this kind of stuff, but I do know I don't want a super expensive one because if I don't like it I'm out X amount of cash considering I don't have a lot of money since me and my girl are both going to be in school soon and both our jobs aren't very good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
what year is your truck and is it 4x4 or 4x2. maggy's are good replacments with great power gains. flowmasters sound good, but killed my performance. banks cat back exhaust FTMFW (for the Mother f'er win) lol

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Loud, mild, or quiet? Borla pro-xs for a mild aggresive tone, bullet for loud and aggresive :D

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
if you want cheap find a mom and pop shop that will do turn down. i have magnaflow. they are really loud:redblob"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want something that's too quiet but I don't want something that's gonna fill the cab with the noise. So I want something medium.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Dude, if you really want, I've got a bullet and resonated tip that I used for like 1000 miles. Might still have a turn down too. You could do the install your self really easy, and I'd let ya have the stuff for $30

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll keep that offer in mind. For right now its bill time :/ hahaha but in the meantime I will youtube some videos and see if I like the sound of something like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks bud. I have to make sure it would be the right volume outside the can and make sure there is like to no noise coming in the cab. Haha I'm sure you know how that is

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah I do. I had a borla pro-xs at first, I think its right up your alley. Great throaty tone, but not too loud. Bullets are pretty loud, but I love it :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about inside the cab. The gf hates listening to loud things inside the cab including loud music hahahaha :D

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I DEFINITELY know what you mean about the music haha. In the cab, the borla is pretty mellow. You can tell its not stock, but its nothing crazy. Its about half as loud as a bullet lol

·
Registered
6,462 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Haha I'm guessing your girl hates it too. Haha :D I love it. And would there be a way to maybe quiet it down if it was absolutely needed?
Thanks for the idea on something that's free goodkill365 free is always better :)

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah she no likey loud... Everything about my truck is loud haha :D

Resonated tips smooth out the sound and muffle the sound a little bit. I had to buy a new one when I switched pipes, but the one I have is perfect for your pipes haha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just tell her if you she ever gets hearing problems you'll buy her a hearing aide hahahaha :D alright man I'll look into some of this stuff some and make a decision never can go with the first one because I change my mind so dang much haha.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I've got vids of both, ill post them when I'm not on my BB haha. Both sound pretty sick :D

Btw, are you at Clark? Or WSU?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha sounds good.
Well she was looking into clark and I was looking into somewhere in portland. Haven't picked one out yet.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Sweetness. Ill be at WSU vancouver in fall, clarks a pretty nice school too. I may be 18, but I know a lot about these trucks. You ever need any help, hit me up :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts