Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my truck for about 6 months now ( put only 2500 miles since), and was thinking about switching to Mobil1 synthetic, the car has 40,000 miles on it now, would be good/bad idea to do so, will it cause any leaks/problems by switching?? please advice..
thanks...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1 synthetic in my '04 since about 30,000 miles (have 46,000 now) with no problems at all. Some have said that they noticed an increase in noise when switching to the synthetic, but I haven't noticed anything like that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i switched to M1 at 1800 miles, and change it every 6K. Truck is at 46K and so on like my 7th or 8th chnage now. No problems, and if there is a noise level difference, i can't say i have noticed it over the normal clatter of the valve trane and injectors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I changed my 07 at 1100 miles to Mobil 1, no problems, it has 1800 miles on it now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Normally, I would run Mobil 1, but due to my extended warranty I get free oil changes! Every 3k miles they get a call from me!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I changed my oil at 1500 miles and put in MobilClean 5000 5W-30 just in case there is some truth to letting the rings seat fully before switching to full synthetic. I plan on going to Mobil 1 5W-30 at 3000 miles. Should be fully broken in by then. Using OEM Nissan filters.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Tests prove synthetic oil boosts mileage and helps keep engines cleaner. Very high mileage vehicles that have been using only conventional oil can tend to become leaky if switched to easier flowing synthetic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is a cost difference too. I ran Mobil 1 through my 04 for 55,000 miles. I'm not sure if it made a difference or not. I have heard that once you start using full synthetic you shouldn't switch back to regular oil.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
wheels said:
There is a cost difference too. I ran Mobil 1 through my 04 for 55,000 miles. I'm not sure if it made a difference or not. I have heard that once you start using full synthetic you shouldn't switch back to regular oil.
Another myth according to everything I've read on the subject. There's PLENTY on the subject right here on the net.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts