Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 04 Titan SE 4x4, w/big tow. We are in the process of upgrading our current TT to a 04 Laredo 254RL, Dry wieght 5524 carrying capacity is 1431, hitch is 420, length of this tt is 29". The Gross on this trailor in the lot is 7200#. This TT is a light, but I am a bit concerned on the length., we have the prodigy break controller already installed and the Reese dual cam., so were all set on that. Any thoughts regarding pulling this tt? We never tow w/water in the tanks either.

Our Current TT is loaded at 6800, but is 26" long and the hitch weight is alot more than the TT we are looking at, it is 626. no problems pulling. Just need to get rid of the bunks as the kids are "growing"....

Thoughts are truly appreciated, before we go out "looking at this Laredo again today....."

PS: We get alot of looks on our new Titan as we go heading down the roads., alot of people ask us about it., nothing but positive comments! Love it !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Titantow4 said:
We have an 04 Titan SE 4x4, w/big tow. We are in the process of upgrading our current TT to a 04 Laredo 254RL, Dry wieght 5524 carrying capacity is 1431, hitch is 420, length of this tt is 29". The Gross on this trailor in the lot is 7200#. This TT is a light, but I am a bit concerned on the length., we have the prodigy break controller already installed and the Reese dual cam., so were all set on that. Any thoughts regarding pulling this tt? We never tow w/water in the tanks either.

Our Current TT is loaded at 6800, but is 26" long and the hitch weight is alot more than the TT we are looking at, it is 626. no problems pulling. Just need to get rid of the bunks as the kids are "growing"....

Thoughts are truly appreciated, before we go out "looking at this Laredo again today....."

PS: We get alot of looks on our new Titan as we go heading down the roads., alot of people ask us about it., nothing but positive comments! Love it !
I would also be concerned with the length, I think you would be better off staying around the 26 feet you have. I do not think a the short tow vehicle is a good think when towing a long trailer. the weight will not be aiisue and I would keep the tongue weight down as mush as possible. I would check out Jayco or Gulfstream, they have shorter trailers with bunks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't see a problem towing this trailer. The Titan is actually longer than a chevy suburban so it is not a short truck. The weight of the TT is inline with the capabilities of the Titan so you should not have any problems. I think you will see others post saying it is fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You will not have a problem towing this trailer - just don't do anything stupid when towing. We had a 30' Mallard that we towed with a Chevy 454SS. That's a standard cab, short wheelbase half ton - shorter wheelbase than our Titans. Used dual sway controls and never had a problem dragging it all over the country.

Enjoy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We always keep the speeds down and are careful about towing. Driving without the trailor for that matter as well! :)

We are trying to do away with the bunks, that is the main reason for towing (plus looking for a slide for more room, and finally found one (w/slide) withOUT the added weight. Thanks for your inputs.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
TitanTow4,

I don't see any problems. Yes, the length is at the max I personally would think of towing but your wieght is just fine and won't create any problems. Also, since you already have the Brake Controller and the Cam equalization...your pretty well off.

The only thing I might look at adding would be a sway control if your cam setup doesn't inherently take care of some of that issue (i.e. if your Cam setup is only used for equalization of the toungue wieght).

Lastly, are you trading in your curent trailer or selling it off yourself? IF your selling it yourself, send me some info and pics to my e-mail. I am in the 'looking' stage at the moment.

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CaliforniaTitan said:
TitanTow4,

I don't see any problems. Yes, the length is at the max I personally would think of towing but your wieght is just fine and won't create any problems. Also, since you already have the Brake Controller and the Cam equalization...your pretty well off.

The only thing I might look at adding would be a sway control if your cam setup doesn't inherently take care of some of that issue (i.e. if your Cam setup is only used for equalization of the toungue wieght).

Lastly, are you trading in your curent trailer or selling it off yourself? IF your selling it yourself, send me some info and pics to my e-mail. I am in the 'looking' stage at the moment.

Chris
Hi Chris., we are on the East Coast (Mass). we went looking at that trailor closer Sunday and found a few problems w/it, so currently keeping ours for this season... We do have the Reese Dual Cam (which also has the sway controller). We have a great setup that the dealers do call overkill, but rather have it overkill than nothing at all! Will keep you posted !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts