Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i need some opinions/advice/etc. I'm thinking of trading in my titan for another titan. Why, you ask? When i bought my truck, i made the mistake of getting a non-BT package, thinking i wouldn't really need it. But now it looks like I'll be needing it. Plus, i could use the added help in the acceleration department, especially since the new gears don't appear to be materializing anytime soon. Of course, I'd keep all my parts, so i don't have to re-purchase all of them. My question is, would it be worth the time and hassle to go through all of those steps to get another titan w/ the BT package? Or should i just tough it out, and wait for the gears, whenever they come out?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hell, id go with a new one ! lol... if it was an option that wouldnt hurt my pocket too much id do it..but also get everything else i didnt have on my last one

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AgTitan06 said:
I would just wait for the gears...Greg just posted early this week that he has the new gears installed in his Titan...so it's only a matter of time now before they are released.
his gears are custom made. the only shop that i'm aware of is in huntington beach, and they charge 4K for a new rear axle w/ your choice of gears. I think it's precision gear or something like that....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Get the new truck! I would do it if it really didn't hurt my pocket too much.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
his gears are custom made. the only shop that i'm aware of is in huntington beach, and they charge 4K for a new rear axle w/ your choice of gears. I think it's precision gear or something like that....
Currie Enterprises. They do exactly that and are in the area (not sure if it's HB, though).

Not sure BT would have really helped you THAT MUCH...?

·
Premium Member
73,282 Posts
can you wait for the programmer too? if you can be patient and keep your rig until gears and the programmer come out, then all you'll have to do is push buttons and get that extra H.P.

then again, if you can go get a new truck, why not? some guys are into the build, some guys are into enjoying what's been built. i guess depending on where you fall is what you'll end up doing.

I mean other then gears, mirrors, a hitch, (not sure if anything is different in the tranny) what's different between the two?

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Swapping gears may create a few issues such as cruise control, speedometer reading, transmission shift points. All of that can probably be worked out, but I wouldn't want to be the one paying for the R&D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts