Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Whats up guys i was wondering if this air intake is worth it compared to stock don't really want to pay $200 plus for an intake what do yall think???

NISSAN TITAN QX56 5.6 5.6L V8 COLD AIR INTAKE 04-10 | eBay
There is a topic on here about them, but they do work great, just use a AEM dry filter instead of the crap they send with them. Also I think someone on here said if you say you just want the tube, they will take some money off. I was going to get one awhile back.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have this and for the money it's descent.I wish it was all boxed in to be more of a cold air intake and yeah when this filter gets dirty i'm going to switch it out with something else.But overall i'm satisfied.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i have it on my truck, the filters are kind of cheap made by Green Filters, you can get a k&n, AEM, or any other filter you want really and it will work. also get some decent hose because the hose they send you with is silicone and it is sh!t, get some nice rubber hose from auto zone for around a buck or 2 a foot you only really need about 2 feet and its more than enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How does installing an intake effect gas mileage? I am looking to improve my mileage, and had heard you can gain a few mpg's by installing an intake?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
How does installing an intake effect gas mileage? I am looking to improve my mileage, and had heard you can gain a few mpg's by installing an intake?

Any help appreciated.
Yeah you will not be seeing a few MPG's, there is maybe a gain, but it's not anywhere near a few MPG's.

·
Premium Member
58,750 Posts

Any help appreciated.
If you are buying it because you expect better mileage, don't.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts