Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased Oct 21st, 04.

Well, hit 3000 miles, and the truck is at the dealer for the first time with a list of problems.

1) Driver side window getting stuck down (part ordered window motor)
2) Rear driver side door molding near upper part of window pealing off (part ordered)
3) Alignment slightly off (steering was not straight) (fixed)
4) All new front brake components up front (due to warpage) including rotors. (TSB) (Fixed)
5) Rattle in passenger Seat (still locating per dealer)
6) Oil Change (done)

But overall the truck has been good. I am just a real picky guy and like things perfect.

Here are a few pictures of the truck pulling my 2003 Honda Aquatrax F12x Turbo :p I just took these last weekend when I was winterizing it.

Attachments

·
Banned
340 Posts
Dang!...lol..you coulda pulled that with a Civic!

By the way....are your neoghbors in the background with the Ford and Dodge drooling yet?

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OnebadSE said:
Dang!...lol..you coulda pulled that with a Civic!

By the way....are your neoghbors in the background with the Ford and Dodge drooling yet?
Truthfully, its at my friends house. But my real neighbors have Chevys, Fords and Dodges. LOL. So yea no one has made any comments, but I always catch them looking.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
What is your trucks born-on date? I purchased mine about the same time as you and I've got about 2400mi. Mine was made 9-16-04 and so far none of the problems you've listed except the pass side rattle, which in my case turned out to be the seatbelt knocking against the interior. It only does this, btw, if the buckle is not returned so that it's flat against the interior panel when retracted. It was driving me batty!

Question on the window problem. Does it just stick intermittently, or what? Just want to know what to look for since this problem seems to be pretty common.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RockyMtnTitan said:
What is your trucks born-on date? I purchased mine about the same time as you and I've got about 2400mi. Mine was made 9-16-04 and so far none of the problems you've listed except the pass side rattle, which in my case turned out to be the seatbelt knocking against the interior. It only does this, btw, if the buckle is not returned so that it's flat against the interior panel when retracted. It was driving me batty!

Question on the window problem. Does it just stick intermittently, or what? Just want to know what to look for since this problem seems to be pretty common.

Thanks,
Steve
Mine is a 09/04., do not know the exact date since I haven't had a chance to look under the hood. The window, it would basically get stuck down if you tried to use AUTO UP. It would get stuck on the seal or something and go back down. It only happened when it was muggy and very cold.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The window problem just started for me 10,000 miles. I really don't think its the motor. I've noticed that when it happens the window makes a very slight movement then nothing. If you give it a minute or turn the truck off and back on it will work again. I'm wondering if its not the switch or some hack in the BCM (body control module) logic. The passenger seat rattle on mine is the head rest. Give the seat a smack on the back and see if you hear the rattle. Put the head rest all the way down and try again. I intend to dig into this one further as it is the last rattle and it drives me crazy.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Titan_TX said:
Mine is a 09/04., do not know the exact date since I haven't had a chance to look under the hood. The window, it would basically get stuck down if you tried to use AUTO UP. It would get stuck on the seal or something and go back down. It only happened when it was muggy and very cold.
Thanks for the info..... I had the same problem on my Tundra and a new motor was $390....plus installation! I'm glad I got the extended warr this time.

Steve

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boone-Titan said:
The window problem just started for me 10,000 miles. I really don't think its the motor. I've noticed that when it happens the window makes a very slight movement then nothing. If you give it a minute or turn the truck off and back on it will work again. I'm wondering if its not the switch or some hack in the BCM (body control module) logic. The passenger seat rattle on mine is the head rest. Give the seat a smack on the back and see if you hear the rattle. Put the head rest all the way down and try again. I intend to dig into this one further as it is the last rattle and it drives me crazy.
It is probably the motor because its the one that senses pressure and causes the sensor inside of the motor to stop. There is a safety switch that is built in when it senses too much current it will shut it off. Because it could be a childs hand in the way.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone had their driver's side window fixed? Mine is driving me crazy. It started not going up at about 7,000 miles. I got soaked pulling from a drive through the other day. I was at the nissan dealership and they told me that I was trying to put it up to soon. They said that they were computer controlled windows. I told him to quit pissing on my foot and tell me it is raining. My silverado never did that. I don't know what to do.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Birdman said:
Has anyone had their driver's side window fixed? Mine is driving me crazy. It started not going up at about 7,000 miles. I got soaked pulling from a drive through the other day. I was at the nissan dealership and they told me that I was trying to put it up to soon. They said that they were computer controlled windows. I told him to quit pissing on my foot and tell me it is raining. My silverado never did that. I don't know what to do.

Whoever you talked to at Nissan was talking out of there butt. The way to get it up, and it will work, is to not use the auto up. Pull it lightly till it stops, but not all the way up when it really stops. It's a 2 pull switch. So two settings.

But there is no wait time on the switch. Take it to anotehr dealer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
my rattle under the pass seat was ocuring only when someone was sitting in it. i had a friend reach under while sitting and felt that a spring was shaking against the frame of the seat. have yet to verify or fix the issue yet but at least its something you can look into.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Interesting. Mine is an 8/04 build date. Purchased 9/22/04 and now has 5,000 miles. Here is my list of problems:

1.)
2.)
3.)Changed the oil
4.)
5.)
6.)

:teethmast

·
Registered
15 Posts
so many problem with the windows uh, well it is a warranty issue so dont worry about the cost. my girls friend who owns this truck has the same problem but its on both windows i am getting it fixed here at my dealership that i work at so its conveinent. but in the meantime untill you get it fixed no need to turn off your truck just wait a second and when you go to try it agian pull up and hold it for a second then it should go. this problem started to happen real soon after she purchased it. the pther problem you mentions has happen to like the steering wheel not being strait i thought it had to do with the lift getting put on but i will mention that to them to have it fixed thanks. but the good thing is that she has about 4600 miles since late sept. and no brake problem yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts