Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got it installed yeserday and I must say that the change is great. That truly is how the truck should run straight from the factory. Im using 87 tune with 2* timing advance and performance throttle sens. I might try the 91 tune later but who knows. My afr is 11.8 - 12.8 so im in the right zone. Tires spin now with no problem (gonna have to control that. My Michelins arent cheap).

I must say though, im not impressed with the hardware. The HDMI cord seemes to be overkill and a little too bulky for the application.

I really dont like how the cord plugs into the rear of the unit, makes mounting a little more difficult, i dontwant to put holes in my dash for the cable, and now i dont know if i will be able to mount it in the sunglasses compartment in the overhead like i thought i would.

The monitoring features are cool, but the screen is so small that it really isnt practical for dedicated guages. (thats just my opinion).

I might just unplug it and use it for tunes, trouble codes, and the occasional performance test.

Love the programming, and it went in without a problem (i did hook up a battery charger the first time though ,just to be sure).

Reactions: Misfit

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you're set on attempting the sunglass holder install (which I would be interested in as well, once time permits) just pick up one of these and you should be able to run the cable down, instead of straight in. That might help with your idea. I agree the cable is very bulky, and the mounting to the side of the obdII adapter is a pain too since it faces the console.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I pretty much drew the same conclusions; awesome performance but hardware sucks.

My biggest gripe is how the cable plugs into the side of the Obdll Block. It's a tight squeeze for the cable as it comes off the right side and cable has to make a sharp angle to come out.

Also, I didn't like the cheap Radio Shack on/off slide switch on the block. At the least, it could have been labeled as to which position is On and Off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're set on attempting the sunglass holder install (which I would be interested in as well, once time permits) just pick up one of these and you should be able to run the cable down, instead of straight in. That might help with your idea. I agree the cable is very bulky, and the mounting to the side of the obdII adapter is a pain too since it faces the console.
Yup, thought of that but it needs to run up, not down for the install in the s-glasses tray. i wonder if there is an "UP" one?

·
Registered
961 Posts
NS6 if you scroll down a little ways on that link you'll see that you can get the port mounted both directions. just be sure you get the right one. i know i would order wrong. Looks like i'm leaning more and more towards the SC Cortex.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yup, thought of that but it needs to run up, not down for the install in the s-glasses tray. i wonder if there is an "UP" one?
My bad, wasn't thinking directional when I grabbed the link. **Note to everyone, make sure it's facing the direction you want!** :teeth:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NS6 if you scroll down a little ways on that link you'll see that you can get the port mounted both directions. just be sure you get the right one. i know i would order wrong. Looks like i'm leaning more and more towards the SC Cortex.

ZOOMED in and noticed that the one lower in the link was the same as the top one, just upside down. "Bump" on connecter on the "top" of connector.

I will need to look further at some hdmi connectors. I really want to mount it in the SG tray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts