Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a Titan and found this Titan locally and curious what people think. Its a salvage title, 10" lift etc. Ad says 700,000 miles but is actually 70,000. Just curious of the pros and cons of this truck. Buyer is asking $9,000

"I'm selling my 2004 Nissan Titan. I had it for almost a year and it's been a great truck.. You're welcome to come take it..for drive. It is a salvage title. 701377 miles.."

·
Registered
511 Posts
My two cents: Spend a few bucks and pull a CarFax and know why there's a salvage title. ...... unless you found it on Craigslist.....in which case move on. If you still proceed, take it to a mechanic and have it inspected both mechanically and on the alignment machine to see if the frame is wrecked. It'll cost another 50 to 100 bucks, but that could turn out to be the smartest money spent.....ever. Just my gut on what you posted, but I think someone is trying to put lipstick on a pig.

There's an awful lot you don't say you know about the truck, like who did the lift, how long has this guy had it, were OEM parts used to repair since it was clearly a total by the insurance company, etc. If you had the skills to inspect it, I don't think you'd be here asking what to do. Anytime you buy used, the deal is always "as found", which means if there's 70 weight differential oil in the crankcase that's been given a sawdust additive to silence a rod....it's yours.

Price seems high to me, even if everything checks out since a salvage title will always 'conditions' as fair to poor on the open market, no matter the condition it presents sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I see the cage setup so it looks like the Bulletproof 10" lift and looks like Fox reservoir coilovers. truck looks pretty mint as i dont see rust? Looks like the trucks been taking well cared for. Like mentioned above get a carfax report.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, the truck looks pretty damn clean, especially the interior, good tire tread, electric running boards, etc. The salvage title doesn't bother me at all, my current truck is a Rebuilt title Tundra, never had a single issue and drives perfectly. The truck isn't exactly "local" I guess, its about a 4 hr drive. Once Im there Im familiar with checking everything out, but just curious what you Titan guys recommend checking, things to especially look out for etc. I figure if it checks out and drives well, I could potentially pick it up for around $7,000 which for a clean truck with 70k seems like a pretty sweet deal. I'm a big fan of no car payments. Also we have a gundies auto yard near me, so if something pretty major failed, trans, engines, etc aren't much, especially if you can do the work yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts