Nissan Titan Forum banner

thread blocker

2K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  Scottysize 
#1 ·
can we design some type of thread blocker for "whats the biggest tire"? not trying to cause trouble but im not understanding the obsession with folks lifting there trucks 2-3 inches with spacers then trying to shove semi-truck size tires in the wheel wells..requiring cutting bending welding rubbing etc, i love big tires on a truck dont get me wrong but run them with an appropriate lift or just get smaller tires..

#2 ·
The threads do get old and it seems many are too lazy to use the search button but It's never gonna happen. I personally would rather ban threads bitching about gas mileage.

Reactions: TripleD13
#11 ·
^^^ Aman! Preach on bother man! It's a truck. It gets poor MPG. Get over it.

#3 ·
I'd rather be able to put the whole OT section on ignore just to keep from seeing the political threads, but they're easy to spot and pass by, same as the threads that are titled "Will these fit?". You're in control over what you read or don't read. :dunno:

#4 ·
Some people are just lazy.....hence my sig

#5 ·
Then we might as well ask for a blocker for bedliner threads too.

LOL

#6 ·
I don't mind the questions about tires, mileage, etc. That's what the forum is for. Take away all the questions that have ever been asked and what does that leave us with? PoliticalTalk dot com? No thanks.

Reactions: etalian2005
#7 ·
yeah i dont think a thread blocker should be allowed either. while searching old posts may save people the hassle of having to see new reposts, things are always changing and always different. plus who responds to old posts anyways?

#10 ·
And then sometimes we get the comic relief. :upsidedow

#9 ·
If someone digs up an old post and asks for clarification, they just get crucified for bringing an old thread back to life. Makes no sense.

I love to try to answer questions, so I'm particularly fond of the EASY ones! :lol:

#13 ·
I have an 06 LE CC with a level kit. What is the WIDEST tire I can put on a stock 18? I will do the Pinch weld mod if Needed. Also what should I go with for the second number, a 60 or 70?

:D

#25 ·
Umm No one answered my question yet. :crying:

#14 ·
WHAT??? i love reviving old threads, especially if the info is still pertinent. I'm trolling through countless old posts about Roadmaster Active Suspensions.....great, now this thread is going to turn up when i search for it again.

#15 ·
Where can I find those 16" wide tires? I used the search option and even google, but couldn't find any for the Titan. I did find some for a Pinto, but it required buying a new gas tank. Will they fit on a stock 8" wide wheel? I remember some formula that was put into an excel spreadsheet that determined the AFR that when multiplied by the number of cans of bed liner you used divided by your mpg's would give you the exact way to debadge your truck. Is that about right?

#16 ·
Honestly, I can't stand when somebody starts b!thcing because some one asks a question that's already been answered. People that get on this and other forums ask questions to get answers not a smart @ss reply or a "did you try the search feature?" reply. If you're not going to help answer the question don't say anything at all, it's not that hard. No one forces you to read a thread and it can't bother you that much just seeing a title, get over it already.

#18 ·
Touche....

#17 ·
So if I stack 3 spacers, and do the bilsteins on the top notch with 08+ springs will I get coilbucket contact????? And whats the bilstein part number and the coil spring part number???

HOLY F!!! haha.

#19 ·
What we need is a whine blocker.:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

L

Reactions: DRTYAZN
#24 ·
Awesome BBtruck, that would be a great feature...

Since we are on the subject of things that irritate, how about those posters that do not fill out a signature block...:huh:Or how about those seasoned veterans that like to bust out on NEWBs. I had no idea what a forum was until after I bought my truck...I came here to learn...So the "search" feature was as new to me as my truck was...Think about it...My .02:read:

#26 ·
If U dont like what u see dont Read it!! Simple as that.. some people dont want to read 100 old posts to find out info. Sometimes its easier to just ask some one....
THIS SITE IS AWESOME. FULL OF INFO AND TOPICS THAT INVOLVE ALL TYPES AND FORMS OF PEOPLE!!

#27 ·
Exactly BIGSTUFF...Exactly.

Reactions: BIGSTUFF
#29 ·
We all know how physically exhausting it is to click a mouse. Maybe you should go take a nap now. :huh:

#32 ·
I was planning to install a turbo...........:eek: :jester:

#34 ·
Wow. There were many threads about that subject. Didn't they result in a few ban hammers being lowered?

#36 ·
"What's the rattling/wobbling/bumbing/knocking noise coming form my front end?"

How the heck is anyone on a forum supposed to know that? You're not there to hear/see/look at it.

(My rattling story from this morning.)
I had a rattling noise this morning when I got to work, and it made me think of this thread. I installed the PRG 1.5" spacer and new tires this weekend, so I thought maybe something had come lose. I get out, check the tires. Turn the wheel check the strut. Crawl under, look everything over. Nope, nada, nothing. Opened up the back door to get my stuff out and go inside and I found the glass cleaner can stuck under my chair. Every time I hit a bump it would rattle against the chair. Dah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.