Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere on here, that the tb only opens to full throttle after 40 mph. what can be done about this. I have noticed that my truck does get stronger from 40 mph. I also saw about a tb coolent bypass, guy's that have done the coolent bypass, can you tell a difference. Thanks

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I do not know if the tb bypass really works or not.

The other problem, can be fixed with an uprev tune. Seems like something else would also change it too, but I don't remember.

I know uprev can make it go wide open from a dead stop though!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
roy365 said:
I noticed on my 0-whatever times that it greatly improves after 40 mph. Also feel it kick in at 40. what is the reason for this? Uprev's flash helps this? What about the VK module?
Yep, that is the reason you get the surge at 40 because the TB finally opens up all the way....It's called Tq management. Nissan figured the a$$ end of a Titan was 2 light for full power off the line. The Armada's don't have this, Nissan figured they had enough weight in the rear 2 hook up, thats also has something to do with why the Armada's are quicker but weigh more. UpRev and Techosquare are the only one's with a tuning solution. Project Bigmouth (90mm TB) is even better...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Also what your feeling is that the engine from 2-3K is only single digit timing then at 35-40 it jumps to two digits and WOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts