Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have one? Was it worth it? Gains?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Had the Poweraid TBS, put it on and took it off in the same day. Absolutely no gain with an awful sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i got the POWERAID TBS and to be honest i saw no gains and youre gonna have to get used to the whistling noise in the lower-mid RPMS.....got it for free wen i bought my CAI but wouldnt pay about $100 for one itself

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a Motorvator. Its not installed, probably tomorrow afternoon if its nice outside. I'm not expecting much but any gain would be good.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I have the Helix Power Tower. I could not feel any gains. There is a whistle but I love the it. Between the intake, exhaust, and TBS, it sounds like one hell of a power station. But.......... I bought mine used for $40. I would NOT spend $100 for it. Find a used one.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got a used one for $40 I think. I dont think I noticed any gains, maybe it would show a little on a dyno, but nothing really in the seat of my pants. Mine doesnt really whistle much, only for a second at a certain rpm under a certain load. It is a poweraid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know several people who have ran them, but I do not like them. They are loud and the gain is so small it is within the margin of error for most rear wheel dynos. A buddy wanted to try one on his Mustang so he had it dynoed without and then with it on. He showed a 4hp gain... took it off to give it back to a guy and had it dynowed a 3rd time (all in the same day)... showed 5hp over his fisrt run. The butt dyno is just as accurate and easier on the wallet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a TBS on my 94 chevy and thought i could tell a difference but then again if you spend the money you want to be able to tell and feel the difference.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I am a firm believer in TBS being a snake oil, ie doesn't really do much. As the guys have said above, the power gain could be 5 hp on the dyno but if the conditions from both pulls weren't exactly the same, you could chalk that up to the margin of error on the dyno.... I will never buy one personally. Again this is only my opinion and is not meant to piss anyone off.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Overide said:
I am a firm believer in TBS being a snake oil, ie doesn't really do much. As the guys have said above, the power gain could be 5 hp on the dyno but if the conditions from both pulls weren't exactly the same, you could chalk that up to the margin of error on the dyno.... I will never buy one personally. Again this is only my opinion and is not meant to piss anyone off.
How dare you!!!!! Post some pics of some girls and we will forgive you this time! :domohit:

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Overide said:
I am a firm believer in TBS being a snake oil, ie doesn't really do much.
Not much of a noticeable difference on these large engines, however on a small 2-stroke, a reed spacer certainly makes a difference. Same concept, different application.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Overide said:
Total snake oil. Someone on these boards said once, that if a longer throttle body would add power, Nissan would have made them longer at the factory.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yeah, and they would have made this truck get 50 MPG.... but they didn't. Trust this: They are not showing their whole hand.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have the helix and like the way it sounds, I like mine and was also able to tell a little diff with it, on other hand, when I put on my k&n intake I did not tell a diff, but with the tbs I did. Weather was changing around at the time so that may be why.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe every little thing helps. Some help more than others but every little bit can help. But a price of 100 dollars seems a little high for the horse power difference. But a cost of 25-45 dollars might not seem as bad.

·
Registered
795 Posts
For the new price I'd rather wait ang go for new pulleys.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Where's the poll?

LOL. These things suck. You're lucky to get 2hp out of it @ WOT.

I mean, IMHO intake and exhaust barely registers on the butt dyno, and that has about 20X the gains of the spacer. Save your $$$...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts