Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
My seven speed sometimes struggles to find the right gear, especially if towing but that is always while moving. I’ve never had the issue from a start or slow roll.

The weird shifts were bad enough on my test drive of a ‘20 I decided to stay with my ‘18.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I must be missing something.

I'm coming from a 6-speed Allison and I love the way my new Titan 9-speed shifts, especially while pulling our travel trailer. The Allison was fine, but not near as smooth.

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X
4 Posts
The guys with 7 speeds dont complain about their transmissions like us folks with the 9 speeds. Just because its newer and has 2 more gears doesnt mean its better
I owned a 7-speed for 2 years and I couldn’t stand it. 4th gear was way too broad. I could do 30mph to 130mph in 4th. I am much happier now that I own the 9-speed. Not because it’s newer or has more gears. In my opinion it just feels and drives so much better than the 7. I only have 1000 miles on it. My opinion may change as I break it in. As of right now, I favor the 9-speed.

·
Registered
2021 Pro-4X
4 Posts
Andy, The situation your experienced is because the VDC is on, ( VEHICLE DYNAMIC CONTROL) this feature is on automatically to prevent rapid start off, you can shut it off, but it goes back on when you shut off the engine and restart. I have the 2018 crew cab, 13,000 miles, Hope I helped you out!
Bob
That makes sense. I haven’t really experienced the lag that everyone is talking about but I always hit the button before I even take it out of park.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I owned a 7-speed for 2 years and I couldn’t stand it. 4th gear was way too broad. I could do 30mph to 130mph in 4th. I am much happier now that I own the 9-speed. Not because it’s newer or has more gears. In my opinion it just feels and drives so much better than the 7. I only have 1000 miles on it. My opinion may change as I break it in. As of right now, I favor the 9-speed.
Your transmission will feel even better if/when the transmission update comes available for ‘21 guys

Reactions: 07xln

·
Registered
98 Posts
Your transmission will feel even better if/when the transmission update comes available for ‘21 guys
I just had my '21 at the dealership this week to get the brakes checked and the transmission checked. They said they would apply the fix to a '21 if they found there to be an issue. They drove mine around for a day and said "Nope, everything is fine. It's working as intended." and wouldn't apply the tranny update.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just had my '21 at the dealership this week to get the brakes checked and the transmission checked. They said they would apply the fix to a '21 if they found there to be an issue. They drove mine around for a day and said "Nope, everything is fine. It's working as intended." and wouldn't apply the tranny update.
Thats some BS. Its funny to me that the owner of the vehicle who drives it every day can come to their dealer and say there is something wrong and they can hop in it for 20-50 miles and come back and essentially tell you you have no idea what youre talking about and that its fine

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
yup. they did that to me for three trips and then i video recorded my idle issue with my phone. after that, it was new engine time

61 - 68 of 68 Posts