Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept hearing a thump sound every time I came to a quick stop. Finally figured out that the protective covers on the bottom rails of Utili track
system (floor of the bed)slide forward and hit the front (vertical against cab) of the bed!
Is there a device to secure them available or do I make one myself??
The little things drive ya nutty.
rojack

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wait a minute. If they are forward after you slam it at a red light they should stay there...unless there is an opposite reaction at a green light. :jester:

·
Registered
823 Posts
rojack said:
I kept hearing a thump sound every time I came to a quick stop. Finally figured out that the protective covers on the bottom rails of Utili track
system (floor of the bed)slide forward and hit the front (vertical against cab) of the bed!
Is there a device to secure them available or do I make one myself??
The little things drive ya nutty.
rojack
I've noticed the same thing with mine. I haven't tried to lock them into place yet but I bet you could using the utili-trac locks that come in the box with the cleats.

·
Registered
823 Posts
will said:
So that what that noise is. I thought it was my stuff in the bedside lockbox.
Thanks for the info.
It could be that too depending on how much stuff you have in there. I've got 4 tie down straps, and my convertiball hitch setup in there. I had to wrap the hitch in a towel because it was banging around in there while I was doing one of my Dukes of Hazards' moves. Just wrap the heavy stuff in a towel and it should keep everything in place and give you something to wipe your hands if needed. You don't want to get the steering wheel dirty now do you????.... :upsidedow

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe it's a pedestrian under the front bumper?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geece1 said:
Wait a minute. If they are forward after you slam it at a red light they should stay there...unless there is an opposite reaction at a green light. :jester:
Ya think you are funny dontcha? Yeah, they hit the tailgate, but the sound is not as pronounced since the gate is latched and not against the cab.
Maybe I will make some walnut or mahogany stops in my cabinet shop and sell them to all you Titanians out there.
peace and better mileage/lower gas prices
rojack

·
Registered
104 Posts
I didn't notice this noise until I put the cover on my bed. It must set up a vibration with a sympathetic frequency because I sure hear it now. The inserts make sense as I only hear the noise when the bed is empty and I thought that was wierd??

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm thinking of cutting a piece of hard black rubber and inserting it at the tailgate end of the trac to create upward resistance on the cover to keep it from moving. When the cover is pushed fully forward, there is no exposed trac on my truck, so the utili-trac locks will not work, unless you want exposed utili-trac.

David

·
Registered
662 Posts
I noticed that after removing those strips once, now they seem to slide back and forth more. After I got the truck they didn't move at all but now they are. I guess after I removed them once, they are now loosened up a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts