Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been doing some searching but can't find anything specific to my issue. My '04 Titan makes a ticking noise, but it only does it under load. I figure it's a cracked manifold since it sounds like it's coming only from the driver's side, but I've also seen where people have had PCV issues.

At idle when I rev it up you can't hear it, it's only when the motor is under load or accelerating. Any ideas on how I can narrow it down so I don't start throwing money at the wrong problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. Dont feel like my headers are cracked because it doesn't tick on start up or revving at idle. Only under load as you say. About to change my pcv valves, spark plugs, and b-pipe gaskets. If that doesn't cure it then I'll be further inspecting the headers for cracks...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the same boat as you. Dont feel like my headers are cracked because it doesn't tick on start up or revving at idle. Only under load as you say. About to change my pcv valves, spark plugs, and b-pipe gaskets. If that doesn't cure it then I'll be further inspecting the headers for cracks...
Yea same here, I figure I'll start with the PCV valves and go from there. Just wanting to see if anybody had the same issue and figured it out.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Cracked manifolds is my bet. If your truck has 90k or more miles your on borrowed time with those things. Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129 for the best fix on the market.

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,960 Posts
Check the easy things first. Is there an exhaust leak somewhere downstream from the exhaust manifolds? Or maybe a vacuum leak?

You can unbolt the heat shields from the exhaust manifolds and pull them back. You may be able to see the top of the exhaust manifolds from inside the engine bay. I used an inspection camera to look at the exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
If it is under load definitely check your gaskets from the manifolds to the Y pipe. I had an issue like that after my headers. If it is a gasket, do yourself a favor and get the OEM one to replace it. Parts store ones are junk. I learned the hard way by having to do the job twice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts