Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Been a long time since I posted but I recently ran into a problem. I have the pro comp stage 2 lift 6” and I just swapped my Moto 20” wheels -44mm offset on 35s for a set of 18” fuel off-road +1 offset on 295/70/18 tires.

when I got home and turned the steering all the way in order to park it, I heard a grinding noise. I looked underneath and saw that the tie rod is rubbing the back of the wheel. These wheels have 5” backspace and when I called procomp they said I’d need a .25” spaced to bring the backspace to 4.75”, otherwise it would rub.

now if you look at the pictures, you can see that the driver and passenger side tie rods are installed opposite if that makes sense, the driver side bends forward and the passenger side bends to the rear. Are these installed correct or does the driver side need to be adjusted to look like the passenger side?

first pic is passenger side

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
For a lot (maybe all) of the bracket lifts, you're supposed to do a swap left to right of the tie rods, and invert them. Stock, they mount from under the mount, with the stud up. On the lifts, many do as yours did and move the tie rod to the top and invert it (stud down) to get less steering angle which causes bump steer. Looks like whoever installed your lift did it right but later someone replaced the driver's side tie rod with a "driver's side" tie rod, not knowing that with the lift you really needed a passenger side tie rod there. If I were you, I'd replace that tie rod with a flipped/inverted passenger side tie rod and be all done.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts