Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a 2004 owner I've toyed with plans and options for this truck for well over a year.

Well...I've finally put down some plans and will make it happen!
Soon Titan and Armada owners will be treated to the TCE big brake pacakage.

Drawing upon our experience and custom work on the Lightning for the past few years we're carrying over the Wilwood TC6 truck caliper and the same giant rotors, features and options you find on these kits now.

For now it's a front kit. Give me time... we'll get to the rear kit too. Just as we did on the other.

What? Who? Where? Never heard of the guy.
That's cool. I don't know you either. What I do know is brakes. And custom builds. And I'm probably the most trusted name in big brakes for this the Lightning/Harley truck.

It's now time to apply what works so well for there here! Stand bye, more info and mock up pics as quickly as I can.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And BTW.....

I'm going to actively seek out a Titan/Armada owner for initial purchase, test fit and feedback.

Got a truck you feel is worthy of this, let me know.

And yea; you'll get a break on the price.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
im game on testing......whats the price.........will it be cheaper than the brake pros kit? it works well......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get back with you on it. I'm working a new car program all weekend and can't get to the shop right now. I'll work up some more info for you on Monday.

As for price, you can see the list price now on the web page with link to the Lightning kits. I don't see front kit prices varying much from those. Not sure on the rear kit yet however, again probably near the same. Kit prices won't change much by vehicle when the same type of parts are used. The differences are smal but not dollar effected.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
so it's both the four and six pot set up?

so the 4 pot will be higher than brakes pros but the 6 pot is about the same as AP Brakes. interesting.

glad there's another player in the game for these trucks. They really need aftermarket brakes to stop the big wheelers like Got Titan and myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front is 6 only.
The rear is 4 only.

Looking at those wheels however....are they 20s or larger? If not you're going to be out of luck on all of them. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
22's.....

ah 6 pot. cool. just need to get a price on that. $3k isn't where i want to be but Im not saying it's not worth that price though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rcantu said:
22's.....

ah 6 pot. cool. just need to get a price on that. $3k isn't where i want to be but Im not saying it's not worth that price though.
As I stated earlier; (aside from a deal for someone early) the prices will be at or near the same as those of the Lightning kits.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Todd TCE said:
As I stated earlier; (aside from a deal for someone early) the prices will be at or near the same as those of the Lightning kits.
I'm also interested as I now have 35s on the oem 18" wheels. And I will also be needing new breaks soon... would like to upgrade rather than replacing with oem... Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remember that this will require 20s or larger.

I worked many angles on the stock wheel. I hit on one that "could" work but I was so upset with the ways and hows and the labor to do it that it was a bust.

Yes I know others have tried this as well. (I research things) And not knowing the final results there I'd have some reservations on it. There are requirements for the truck and fit issues that make this more difficult than I'd hoped.

So....I'm settling on one form: BIG.

·
Registered
26 Posts
admins I posted in the brakes forum as well I hope that is okay with you.

also HI TODD !!! hope the endurance event is going good, you never told me you drove a titan....I woulda come on here a long time ago :)

Hi guys my name is Ian I figured I'd stop by here and show you what to expect from Todd @ TCE as far as big brakes go.

I am running his big brakes front and rear you may have seen pictures of my truck on Todd's website and wanted to come in here to show you some more pics and tell you how well these things work and that they really help bring a large powerful truck to a stop so much better than the dinky factory brakes the manufacturers give us to save a few bucks.

16" fronts with 6 piston forged calipers, also available with drilled rotors and red calipers.

15" rears with factory parking brake and 4 piston billet calipers, again drilled rotors and red calipers are optional.

some shots with 20's (required to run the huge 16" fronts)

front

rear

the full meal deal :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still hoping to breath some life into this project.....seems it's not what I'd hoped for. The Titan and Armada can really use some help with big wheels and tires. I'm still looking for a beta customer (for discount) to fit this baby up.

Brake kit guy is always the last one called....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Todd TCE said:
Still hoping to breath some life into this project.....seems it's not what I'd hoped for. The Titan and Armada can really use some help with big wheels and tires. I'm still looking for a beta customer (for discount) to fit this baby up.

Brake kit guy is always the last one called....

Where are you located? If you are around dallas I would be more than willing to sit down with you see what it would take to get this project rolling...

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
TruckinTitan said:
Where are you located? If you are around dallas I would be more than willing to sit down with you see what it would take to get this project rolling...
They are in Temple, AZ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts