Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade to some new shocks from the old stockers on my 04' 2WD. I have a PRG mini lift now but would eventually like to add CST spindles and 4" block. Question is if I pick up some Bilstein 5100's now, will they work later with 4" spindles, 2.5" blocks in front and a bigger block in back? I'd hate to have to change these again a year from now. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I see where he talks about the front:

"This leads us to the 4” CST Spindle lift. This spindle just replaces the factory steering knuckle or “spindle upright” and provides 4” of lift by moving the wheel hub 4” lower. Nothing else changes; the shock, sway bar, upper and lower a-arms, they all stay in the exact same position as before"

But I didn't see anything about the rear. If I add 3-4" blocks, wouldn't the shocks need to be longer?

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Thanks for the link. I see where he talks about the front:

"This leads us to the 4” CST Spindle lift. This spindle just replaces the factory steering knuckle or “spindle upright” and provides 4” of lift by moving the wheel hub 4” lower. Nothing else changes; the shock, sway bar, upper and lower a-arms, they all stay in the exact same position as before"

But I didn't see anything about the rear. If I add 3-4" blocks, wouldn't the shocks need to be longer?
Yes you would need longer ones with a 3-4 inch block. I think the stock ones can be used with a 1" block.

·
Super Moderator
160,793 Posts
Yes, they'd need to be longer. The stock size rear shock is only good with about a 1" block back there, so you might want to hold off on those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts