Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 SE 2wd. After my initial research i was going to put a 2.5 inch spacer on the front similar to the pic I attached.

I saw that 2" suspension that cost about 1200 but dont want to spend near that. I dont want my truck to look super jacked. just want a little more space between me adn the ground.

Do yall have any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
161,698 Posts
A spacer (leveling kit) is by far your least expensive option. The other option you can explore is putting the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks on the front. On their bottom setting it'll lift the front by 1/2", on the middle 1.5" and on the highest setting 2.5". Keep in mind that with that, you're adding spring pre-load so the higher you go, the stiffer and more harsh your ride will become. With a spacer you preserve the stock ride.

Reactions: trjones87

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A spacer (leveling kit) is by far your least expensive option. The other option you can explore is putting the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks on the front. On their bottom setting it'll lift the front by 1/2", on the middle 1.5" and on the highest setting 2.5". Keep in mind that with that, you're adding spring pre-load so the higher you go, the stiffer and more harsh your ride will become. With a spacer you preserve the stock ride.
so what are the pluses to getting the shocks instead of the spacer?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I got my NCD lvling kit off ebay for $85 shipped to my front door...Installed it myself in about 1 hr...The only thing I would recommend it a new set of bumpstops, I didnt do that and the suspension makes noise when it compresses pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
161,698 Posts
so what are the pluses to getting the shocks instead of the spacer?
In my opinion, none if you're going to be setting it up on it's highest perch in order to level the truck out. The ride just gets too stiff. On it's lowest perch it's a much better ride than the OEM shocks are, so you could go with a 2" spacer and the Bilstein 5100s.

Your truck being an '07 will likely need new shocks sooner than later, so doing the shocks would be of benefit to you in that respect. You can do a spacer, keep the stock ride quality and do the Bilstein HD shocks later. The HD shocks don't affect your ride height, but will greatly improve your ride.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my opinion, none if you're going to be setting it up on it's highest perch in order to level the truck out. The ride just gets too stiff. On it's lowest perch it's a much better ride than the OEM shocks are, so you could go with a 2" spacer and the Bilstein 5100s.

Your truck being an '07 will likely need new shocks sooner than later, so doing the shocks would be of benefit to you in that respect. You can do a spacer, keep the stock ride quality and do the Bilstein HD shocks later. The HD shocks don't affect your ride height, but will greatly improve your ride.
cool, exactly what i needed to know. I can get a 2, 2.5, or 3 all for $70 shipped.
what size should i look at?
being from texas im opted to go as big as possible

·
Super Moderator
161,698 Posts
You can actually only go 2.5" on your '07 2WD. More and you'd get some clunking that you'd find to be very...unpleasant. 2.5" (without doing anything to change the height of the back) will level you out nicely. Find a kit that's NOT like the one you posted up there in your first post. Find one that's a solid billet spacer, such as from NCD or PRG. If the kit you get doesn't have a bump stop, you're going to need one. Get it from Autozone, the 2.5" one. If you need a link to it, let me know. You will need an alignment afterwards as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can actually only go 2.5" on your '07 2WD. More and you'd get some clunking that you'd find to be very...unpleasant. 2.5" (without doing anything to change the height of the back) will level you out nicely. Find a kit that's NOT like the one you posted up there in your first post. Find one that's a solid billet spacer, such as from NCD or PRG. If the kit you get doesn't have a bump stop, you're going to need one. Get it from Autozone, the 2.5" one. If you need a link to it, let me know. You will need an alignment afterwards as well.
this?
Leveling Kits

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
161,698 Posts
The PRG kit will include a bump stop. The NCD kit will not. Otherwise, there's not a real difference.

A lot of us support PRG because of all he's done for our trucks over the years, and continues to do. He was there doing things for us before anyone else was.

·
Registered
211 Posts
not to steal his thread but, I have the 2010 Pro 4x. I just purchased the 1.5 level kit from PRG. Since I have the Rancho shock would it make any difference to swap them with the Bilstein 5100?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts