Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 45K on my 05 Black Crew 4X4 SE and have the stock BF's. I have to say these tires have surprised me because I could get another 5k out of them. I just want a new look. I do a lot of highway driving; I am looking at Revo's, Toyo AT's and Nitto Terra Grapplers. I need opinions on these tires and if I should go Black wall or White. I will be staying with a 285/17 (stock).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I would go with the Bridgestone Revo's. A great tire IMO. The Toyo AT's like to cup and feather easily. I am not familiar with the Nitto's.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm liking my kumho's. And you can't beat the price.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
If you got 45k on the BFG`s and you still have tread left, you better get some more real fast !!!!!
I was only able to get about 28-30K outta my BFG`s...I now have the Revos and they can`t be balanced after trying 4 times at different places !!!!!
Must have a bad tire somewhere, but not willing to go back to the shop that installed them because they *ucked up my wheels changing the tires....Good luck...

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have the Kumho KL78 and like them alot... I wouldn't get the Revo's only because they are quite a bit smalled in size when though both the Kumho and the Revo are both 285/70/17... I put both tires nest to each other and there is a big difference. All the manufactures have some +/- when it comes to the size they print on the tire

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the Revo's on mine. I have about 13,000 on them. Great tire.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I really like my Revo's. Second truck I've had them on & would definitely buy them again.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you can get 45K+ out of the stock tires, the BFG AT KOs should last 100K for you. I always mount black out on the theory it doesn't scream "steal me" quite as loudly as a brand new set of gleaming white walls and also doesn't look as bad when it gets dirty.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
jkcparker said:
i have the Kumho KL78 and like them alot... I wouldn't get the Revo's only because they are quite a bit smalled in size when though both the Kumho and the Revo are both 285/70/17... I put both tires nest to each other and there is a big difference. All the manufactures have some +/- when it comes to the size they print on the tire
This is true.I had the Revos 265-70-18s on my truck and they looked very skinny compared to stockers.I took them off and put on the Toyo's.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I have the stock size, LT285/70/17 BFG AT KO tires and have 28,000 miles on them and they are quite and handle great on the curves. They are also good for hitting big river rocks and those potholes that show up overnight on clay soil based roads during the winter rains.

The bad ... at 58 lbs. they weigh 14 lbs. or 15 lbs. more than the Rugged Trails, so you will likely lose 1 mpg. (I did). Btw, my OEM RTs lasted only 23,000 miles. My BFG AT KOs, will most likely make it to 50,000. I had them out at Prairie City off roading last week and they did great even with 47 lbs. psi ... (lunch hour and didn't have time to air down).

·
Registered
830 Posts
I just got the Revos a few days ago. Don't jump on my a$$ if I get this wrong but in my research I belive the stock Rugged trails are 33", the BFG A/T KOs are 34.5" and the Revos are 34". There is not much difference in size. Also, after loking at the Revos, I think the Revo has a more aggresive appearance than the photos portray.

I made my decision based on my NEEDS and not my WANTS. The Revos were my choice. I paid $724 plus tax.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ruauman2 said:
I just got the Revos a few days ago. Don't jump on my a$$ if I get this wrong but in my research I belive the stock Rugged trails are 33", the BFG A/T KOs are 34.5" and the Revos are 34". There is not much difference in size. Also, after loking at the Revos, I think the Revo has a more aggresive appearance than the photos portray.

I made my decision based on my NEEDS and not my WANTS. The Revos were my choice. I paid $724 plus tax.
The Revos are 32.6" tall.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
ruauman2 said:

The BFG AT KOs in the LT315/70/17 size, are 34.5" diameter, but in the LT285/70/17 size they are 32.8" diameter, as are the Bridgestone Revo in a P285/70/17.
If you don't "need" a light truck tire, the Revo sounds like a great choice.

·
Registered
830 Posts
jguns2002 said:
The Revos are 32.6" tall.
Thanks for correcting me. Tire Rack has 32.8"

I'm not sure where I got the 34".

My wife says "don't worry, it is only an inch and performance is what really counts."

I think she was referring to the tires but I'm not sure and I'm not going to ask for a clarification.

·
Registered
239 Posts
ruauman2 said:
My wife says "don't worry, it is only an inch and performance is what really counts."
I couldn't justify carrying a lot of extra tire weight for the limited O/R use my truck gets. Also, the Revo's are w/out a doubt the best tire I've ever had in the rain. They really transfer water well & resist hydroplaning. We have pretty bad road here in PA & water tends to lay on them pretty badly. W/the Revos, you barely have to slow down even during the heaviest downpours.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I love my Nitto Terras so far!!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
the REVO'S are the best tire in the wet i have ever had. PERIOD! i will be putting them on my sequoia when its ready for new rubber.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate all opinions. I just purchased the REVO's and so far so good. They look great, drive great and will find out how they fair in the wet as it is raining today.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
My reply applies to 17" 285/70-17

gixxer0.6g said:
I'm liking my kumho's. And you can't beat the price.
I tried these too but did not have your luck... After 6 tires were delivered to the tire retailer we were still not able to get 4 tires mojnted and balenced with decent road force ratings so regardless of how perfectly balenced they were the truck vibrated. I then choose the Bridgestone Dueler REVOs and have been very happy with them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts