Nissan Titan Forum banner

Time to replace the shocks

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  osiris10012 
#1 ·
I'm running a pro comp stage II lift and it's time to replace front and rear shocks. I'm going with the same MX6 rear shocks but I was wondering what do I need to do for the front. Does anyone out there know if I have to buy a whole new coilover and shock assembly or can I just replace the shocks? Any advice on what to do/buy would be great I can't find anything online but the whole coilover setup online but I could be not searching for the right thing.

#2 ·
depends on how old the set up is. You may be better off with a whole new strut setup if you think they're that worn. shocks and springs usually last about the same amount of time.

#3 ·
The kit has about 60k miles on it. The springs seem in good shape, no sagging and it rides good except for when I hit dips on the road. The front tends to make a couple of bounces before smoothing back out.

#4 ·
60k on a set of springs is a lot. Are you doing the install yourself or having a shop do it?

#5 ·
Gonna have the dealership do it. My dad is a service manager at a Nissan store so labor is only $25/HR. Im gonna take it in next week for new upper/lower control arms but wanted to get this taken care of at same time since everything has to come off anyways. Last time he looked at everything he just said struts/shocks need to be replaced. Not leaking or anything just worn out but that was about 15k miles ago. Guess the best route would be to let him get them off and go from there? I was just trying to be pro active and have the parts ready.

#6 ·
If it were me i would replace the entire strut assembly (shock and spring) since you're paying to do it. Get it all done in one swoop. If you decide not to have them switch out the springs its gonna take a lot longer since they will have to goo all the way into your front suspension again and put a new spring on. Just my 2c

#7 ·
Think I'm gonna go that way. Also getting exhaust leak fixed and alternator swapped might as well keep the list going.

#9 ·
No reason. Just know I've put these pro comps thru hell and they have had held up good. Are they worth looking into?

#10 ·
I'm running them and have no complaints. A ton of members are also running them. I have no knowledge on the mx6's though. You should definitely call around to offroad shops in your area and see if they can rebuild your front coil overs. You could replace them with something like an icon or saw bracket lift coil over, but that won't be cheap. Getting them rebuilt should be to expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.