Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my local Nissan dealership and asked if they have ever done the 2* timing advance and not to my suprise they said no.They also said that i would be voiding my warranty if i was to do so.Does anybody know anything on this,And of a place in south louisiana that has done it before?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
dbolemiss said:
I just called my local Nissan dealership and asked if they have ever done the 2* timing advance and not to my suprise they said no.They also said that i would be voiding my warranty if i was to do so.Does anybody know anything on this,And of a place in south louisiana that has done it before?
The advance is within published Nissan parameters!! The service writers are boneheads and have no idea about a lot of things.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats kinda what i was thinking with so many people having it done.If you could find the member that could help me out with this it would be great.This is why i come to this form:rockon

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but does anyone have or know someone who has, the cipher software to do the timing advance in the St Louis, MO area??

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see a trend starting......
Next will be an index with locations LOL

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to a dealership in Lafayette,LA "Giles" said they could do it for $65 + tax.The guy said that it will give me little or no gaines at all.Is this the going rate,How can i make sure that they perform it? I'd rather find a member here that has the software, but if not i will go to them.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
dbolemiss said:
I just talked to a dealership in Lafayette,LA "Giles" said they could do it for $65 + tax.The guy said that it will give me little or no gaines at all.Is this the going rate,How can i make sure that they perform it? I'd rather find a member here that has the software, but if not i will go to them.
$65 is not bad. You can ask to watch the tech perform it and take the instructions to him or request the printout from the consult when he gets done. It will show you what the timing is set at.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
I got mine done as a warranty repair, I complained about crappy mileage and told them I heard that a timing advance could help and they did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts