Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the dealership after getting the timing advance done and I can definitely tell a difference off the line (more tire spin). But it doesn't feel much different after that. Hopefully the track times tomorrow will let me know more. It was worth a shot for $45 anyway. When I left the dealership my truck actually got sideways pulling out and I had to let off cuz it caught me by surprise, didn't do that before thats for damn sure. Thanks for all the feedback Clint in your dealings with them. I would like to race each of you btw tomorrow just to see where my truck is at. If I could improve on my best ET with the heat here I would be stoked.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Man I need to get mine done!!!!

Low end is pretty much what the advance is supposed to help from what I have read. Some have said the mid RPM's are improved also, but definately the low end!

·
Registered
682 Posts
not n e more son. this thing came alive:flamed:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is this a common mod you can ask your dealer for? Aslo, any idea what it does for your gas milage? (sorry for the buzz kill)

·
Registered
375 Posts
BoneDaddy said:
Is this a common mod you can ask your dealer for? Aslo, any idea what it does for your gas milage? (sorry for the buzz kill)
Common Question but most dealers do not want to do it..
Gas milage is lower at first because your right foot, like after getting anyother mod your testing it out..

·
Registered
682 Posts
tazstitan said:
Common Question but most dealers do not want to do it..
Gas milage is lower at first because your right foot, like after getting anyother mod your testing it out..
oh yeah my milage has dropped to all time lows. ive been flooring it everytime i take off tonight so i can get my ecu back up to speed b4 the races tomorrow night. but i wouldnt think that it would be effected if you drove civilized. as a matter of fact people have noted an increase in milage

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
682 Posts
vegastitan21 said:
with 35s dumb ***. u didnt mention that
w/ 35"s is his excuse for everything. eventhough they made him faster

·
Registered
173 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Just got back from the dealership after getting the timing advance done and I can definitely tell a difference off the line (more tire spin). But it doesn't feel much different after that. Hopefully the track times tomorrow will let me know more. It was worth a shot for $45 anyway. When I left the dealership my truck actually got sideways pulling out and I had to let off cuz it caught me by surprise, didn't do that before thats for damn sure. Thanks for all the feedback Clint in your dealings with them. I would like to race each of you btw tomorrow just to see where my truck is at. If I could improve on my best ET with the heat here I would be stoked.
I had the same results. Had mine done last thursday and noticed a definite difference from a dead stop. Burned the tires for about 75 feet. Other than that, I haven't noticed a substantial difference, but then again, what do you expect from a $90 mod...lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Armyof5 said:
I had the same results. Had mine done last thursday and noticed a definite difference from a dead stop. Burned the tires for about 75 feet. Other than that, I haven't noticed a substantial difference, but then again, what do you expect from a $90 mod...lol
Well I went out to the track last night, itwas on average 95 deg. I picked up almost a tenth over my best time and gained 2mph through the traps on my best run of the night. I can't wait to see what it will do this fall when the temps are cooler. Best $45 I have spent yet. I even got a 9.9 1/8 mile

·
Registered
173 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Well I went out to the track last night, itwas on average 95 deg. I picked up almost a tenth over my best time and gained 2mph through the traps on my best run of the night. I can't wait to see what it will do this fall when the temps are cooler. Best $45 I have spent yet. I even got a 9.9 1/8 mile
SWEEEEET!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts