Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to tint my windows. i was wondering if anybody had done 35% over the factory tint? i dont want quite limo in the back, but more than what it is now. and i was also going to go 20 in the fronts. thanks. and pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just put in 35% tint today on the front windows only and left the factory tint on the rest. It was getting dark outside so I did not get the opportunity to take any pics of it yet. On my previous trucks I installed 35% tint and felt it was just about right. Not to dark for night time driving and enough tint for the daytime. Round these parts, the po po like to bust peoples chops about too dark of tint so that is why I stayed with that percentage

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
27% on the fronts is legal in many states.

Nothing on the windshield.
Back window % doesn't matter in many states.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is a picture of 35% in front and factory only in the back. As you can see, the front is slightly lighter than the back. It's all in what you like but I think it is just about perfect.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I put 20% all the way around and the backs are pretty much black but the fronts aren't dark enough for me...if you want dark windows, go for it the first time. I'll get some pics for ya tomorrw

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. on the sentra i leased i had 35 in the front and 5 in the back. im thinking of going 20 in the fronts, and maybe 20 over factory in the backs.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have 5% on rear and 20% on front. it doesn't look like it because of the sun in the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
I put 20% all the way around and the backs are pretty much black but the fronts aren't dark enough for me...if you want dark windows, go for it the first time. I'll get some pics for ya tomorrw
Same here, Im thinking about doing my front windsheild with either 35% or 50% to darken up the look some

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would do the windshield, but in cali you cant. not even supposed to put 20% in the fronts. but i think it looks better and am going to chance it.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Same here, Im thinking about doing my front windsheild with either 35% or 50% to darken up the look some
Cops are guaranteed to pull you over if you tint the windshield, especially that dark.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Cops are guaranteed to pull you over if you tint the windshield, especially that dark.
are you kidding? you do know that 50% is barely even tinted at all....the gauge goes from 5% - 50% with 5% being the darkest and I think in some areas they have 3%........legal limit is 32% in Ga.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
:bump:
are you kidding? you do know that 50% is barely even tinted at all....the gauge goes from 5% - 50% with 5% being the darkest and I think in some areas they have 3%........legal limit is 32% in Ga.
It's illegal to have anything at all on the windshield below that line at the top of the windshield where the factory OEM tint ends. (in some cars there's factory "blue" tint)

The front windows (driver and passenger window) have various limits. SC is 27%.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i did 15 on the two fronts, 20 on the 2 rears, and limo and the very back

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, i got it done. I went with 20% in the fronts, 15% over stock in the backs, and a limo tint for the brow in the front.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts