Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 35% tint on my windows now and im wanting to go to a 15% or 10% tint all around does anybody have any pictures of there trucks with a 10 or 15% TINT

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
there isn't 10%. it goes from 15% to 5% which is limo. i got 15% on all side and limo in the rear. if you do just the two fronts, 20% will give you slightly lighter than the rear and 15% will be slightly darker than the rear.

·
Registered
786 Posts
limo is dark, we used to run those on our old trucks. sometimes even double limo ( i dunno why my friend ever did that). you couldn't see a damn thing at night. i had 35 on my front 2 on my old s-10 and we also tinted the back window ( it had factory tint), it made it alot darker looking. after i lost my back window i just stayed with factory tint and it was still dark, i used to get pulled over for it all the time.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
there isn't 10%. it goes from 15% to 5% which is limo. i got 15% on all side and limo in the rear. if you do just the two fronts, 20% will give you slightly lighter than the rear and 15% will be slightly darker than the rear.
A good tint shop can make it close to 10% by stacking different % on top of each other.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
here's 15%.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine has 5% over the factory windows in the back and I had 35 on the front when i bought it and then I put 5% over the top of that. It is pretty damn dark. Night time and parking garages require the fronts down to prevent running into stuff at times. But the extra back up lights and reverse camera help out a lot when backing up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
15% to match factory rears:

my lil sis is sitting in the driver's seat:

the brand is Llumar and it is 100% metalized (as opposed to dyed).

·
Premium Member
57,964 Posts
What is the factory tint on the back window? 15%?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have 15 on the front and a double layer of 15 on the rears. Llumar window film. Good chit. I had double 5 on the rears and 5 on the fronts of my 04 f150 and it was dark. This is really close, but the the nice thing about Llumar vs limo is that you can see out of it better eventhough people cannot see in.
Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
What is the factory tint on the back window? 15%?
IMO the 15% matches pretty darn perfect :D

I have 15 on the front and a double layer of 15 on the rears. Llumar window film. Good chit. I had double 5 on the rears and 5 on the fronts of my 04 f150 and it was dark. This is really close, but the the nice thing about Llumar vs limo is that you can see out of it better eventhough people cannot see in.
Kyle
i did not know that! ha! i thought limo tint was just 5%, is it another brand?

i'm tempted to get the lightest tint possible on the windshield but i'm afraid of having poor night vision :( my eyes suck anyway so i'll let common sense win... this time :coolsmile

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I envy you guys. Although I love the look of a really dark tint local and state law enforcement here does not. It's a safety issue for them so I get why but still I'd love to do this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I guess Ive been pretty lucky, Ive had my tint this dark for about 2 yrs and no problem....knock on wood...but watch me get pulled over tomorrow....lol :bangit:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
recently i was pulled over for speeding. it was about 11pm. the cop tailed me until i exited the fwy a few miles from where he spotted me. i pulled off into a gas station and IMMEDIATELY lowered all my windows, out of courtesy for mr. chp because i don't want him to be nervous, but also so he wouldn't see my tint. he wrote me my ticket and never noticed the tint. my next concern was if he'd care about my bullet cuz it was still pretty new and very loud, esp. at start up. but nope. i got away :teethmast
i would have been more nervous had i realized my lil sis had weed on her at the time :bangit:

as long as you don't drive like you're looking for trouble, you should be fine. i got popo insurance on my tint, though. free removal and re-tint if i'm caught :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts