Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with the tiny exhaust on the titans. I know they are imports but 2" pipes. All of the exhaust threads i have read have said to use 2 1/4" pipes, but the stock pipes measure 2" I.D., i see why 2 1/2" pipes kill low end torque. The reason for this thread is i picked up a 07 exhaust for my 04. One pipe looked bigger than the other, so i measured them, the stock side was 2 1/8" O.D. the modded side was 2 1/4" O.D. If i have a 2 1/4" mandrel bent exhaust built just like the stock 07 pipes will it out perform the JBA system?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Mine doesnt look like that and yes the stock is 2 1/2 and my Magnaflow is 3

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
That's definitely not factory. The left bank pipe is aluminized and the right is stainless (factory is all stainless.) Also the left is crush bent, where the factory is mandrel bent. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
ha looks who's modding over here....LOL

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
here's an 07 new take off I had....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sammy Sandbag said:
That's definitely not factory. The left bank pipe is aluminized and the right is stainless (factory is all stainless.) Also the left is crush bent, where the factory is mandrel bent. Am I missing something?
Yes, you are correct. The D/S pipe was changed when the M/F was installed. I did not build the exhaust, it was given to me today.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
titanss said:
Yes, you are correct. The D/S pipe was changed when the M/F was installed. I did not build the exhaust, it was given to me today.
Okay, I misunderstood you at first. I just didn't want you to think you had received an OE exhaust. But back to your original question: that's a bit hard to gauge. Too many variables I suppose and the only way to truly tell is to try it out and dyno for comparison. I think the gains/losses would be so minute that it wouldn't be worth the effort to track down a shop with a mandrel bender and pay for the one pipe.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
I've seen them, but it's kinda gimmicky cause it really puts the cross-over too far downstream. You'd probably be better off with a single in-out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts