Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a leveling kit on this, my 3rd titan. I am unable/impatient to search the forums to find a resolution to my issue, and wondering if anyone on here has any info.

Is there a way to 'self-align' it myself? Anyone have any info on this subject?

Thanks!!!! o_0

·
Premium Member
58,579 Posts
Good advice from BAC.

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
I'm in the market for tires at this very moment, and I only WISH I could find tires for $200. Agreed on having it done by a shop. You could probably get it close enough to limp you through a few days of little driving until you could get to a shop, but you will burn off tires quickly on a ~5500lb vehicle with an alignment that's out.

There have been some on here who did DIY alignments and swear up and down it's as good as anything a shop could do. I'm skeptical of that claim.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$60 or $70 doesn't get much around here.

am just wondering, eventually i'll get it done at the shop. but seeing as i gotta save up for a new set of tires soon anyways...

In the mean-time limping around will do fine

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Better question is how do you solve the fact that the truck rides on the outer edge of the tire now?

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
Have the camber adjusted. On my truck, that meant having to have the cam bolts installed and then having it aligned again. Not all trucks seem to need that camber adjustment, though. Mine was technically within specs. It was AT the limit, but not outside the specs. The only reason I had it done was because my tires were beginning to feather.

·
Registered
785 Posts
$60 or $70 doesn't get much around here.

am just wondering, eventually i'll get it done at the shop. but seeing as i gotta save up for a new set of tires soon anyways...

In the mean-time limping around will do fine
you should only need the toe in adjusted

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have the camber adjusted. On my truck, that meant having to have the cam bolts installed and then having it aligned again. Not all trucks seem to need that camber adjustment, though. Mine was technically within specs. It was AT the limit, but not outside the specs. The only reason I had it done was because my tires were beginning to feather.
Mine are feathering also. What cam bolts are you referring to? Aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
BAC is correct. I had mine done within 12k miles under a TSB, so they're Nissan parts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine are feathering too. Its aligned pretty darn straight on paper. But visually, I swear it looks like its got positive camber so to speak. Plus obvious Feathering when you rub your hand on them. I've got the PRG mini lift 2" - 1" on a 4x4.

Will the alignment shop install the cam bolts?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
SPC cam bolts (Special Products Company - sold at O-reilly autoparts as Oreilly p/n 87520).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts