Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am going to purchase a new set of wheels and tires and I think I have found a set off this guy. I also have a ncd 2 and half inch leveling kit installed for clearence. I just want to make sure they will fit before I go ahead and buy them. The tires are the 295/7070 nitto terra grapplers(33in) and the wheels are the 17x8 American Racing Mojave Teflon with 4.5 backspacing. The guy said the wheels and tires are about 12 inches wide. He has them priced at 900 and the tires have about 4000 miles on them so I was wondering if that was a good deal or not? Well let me know what you guys think any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Spencer

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Just make sure they have the correct bolt pattern ... 6 on 5.5", 6 on 139.7mm.

Their backspacing is probably 4.5", but since they are 8" wide instead of 9" wide, they probably won't rub at the pinch weld, (I heard of someone that had rubbing with 295/70/17 Nitto TGs, on 9" wide Moto Metal 951s with that backspacing). People run this size TG on stock rims with no problem, but they will stick out 1 3/8" more than stock 17s, ... 1/2" wider rim plus 7/8" less backspacing.

New wheels alone, will cost between $800 and $900, so if the tires only have 4000 miles, and they aren't messed up somehow ... like out of round, and can't be balanced, then this is an excellent deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I really appreciate the help I will find out about the bolt pattern from the guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts