Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the local nissan dealer trying to find a tie down hook (not for the utili track system) and the parts guy said that he could not find them in his system. does any know the part number or even what they are actually called. i want to put one in the middle of the front of the bed to make it easier loading up two bikes. i could fab something up but i want it to look like it came that way from the dealer.

i ment tie not tire in the heading

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i think those are it. i'll tell them to look up rope hook. if not i guess i'll order it on-line
thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If you do not have Util-Trak, then there are no factory hooks other then the 4 at each corner of the bed.
You can install eye-hooks in the bed floor by drilling and bolting....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i have the four at each corner but going to put another up front in the middle. there is a bolt already their i just need to get some longer bolts and drill a hole through the center off the "rope hook", and two holes in the bed. that way i'll have 3 bolts holding it down since the rope hook already has holes on each side. going to call the dealership tomorrow to see if they can order without me driving over there.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
yeah i have the four at each corner but going to put another up front in the middle. there is a bolt already their i just need to get some longer bolts and drill a hole through the center off the "rope hook", and two holes in the bed. that way i'll have 3 bolts holding it down since the rope hook already has holes on each side. going to call the dealership tomorrow to see if they can order without me driving over there.
You lost me...."rope hook"...What's that?
There are several ways to add some kind of eyelet for tie down purposes. Depends on where you do and don't want to drill.
Do you have a picture of what it is that you plan on ordering from the dealer?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
loufish said:
You lost me...."rope hook"...What's that?
There are several ways to add some kind of eyelet for tie down purposes. Depends on where you do and don't want to drill.
Do you have a picture of what it is that you plan on ordering from the dealer?
I think we keep saying rope hook because thats what they are called in the service manual (see attached pictures)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
OK I got it now, you're talking about the factory tie-down point....
So you want to bolt one onto the front bulkhead of the bed for bike tie downs?
Not a bad idea...post pics when done...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks spoonman that was a good part number. they had to order it so hopefuly it'll be here by this weekend so i could do it then. i'll try and get some photos up after.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I already did this on the front corners. The new hooks come with bolts. It comes out pretty nice. I almost drilled out the threads of the center hole to install an eyebolt, but just couldn't do it yet. I did do it to a Mitsubishi years ago and ended up tweaking the bed when tying down the bikes. We straightened it out and used square tube across the front of the bed instead. A little more ghetto but strong enough that it never bent.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here are some before and after pics of my tie downs. i put the other two bolts in after i took both photos. i had to put it up side down because the lip was in the way of it sitting flat. Brundy how hard were you tying your bikes down to tweek the bed? if this doesn't hold up it's only 15 bucks out of pocket. and i'll either get the uliti track system or a bed buddy later. i built a bed buddy type thing for my old chevy out of steel but it was so heavy i never used it.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
It was the bikes moving a bit while travelling that did it. We were doing alot of practice and racing for ADRA, Whiplash, and moto x. 2 CR500's shaking around is alot of weight for sheetmetal to hold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts