Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 275 70 18 E rated Michelin LTX A/T 2 really love them but looking to figure out lower air pressure for smoother ride without premature wearing and what would be a safe maximum pressure that would help mileage without wearing out the middle tread. I realize that more pressure will impact the smoother ride. As a side note also thinking about replacing leveling kit with Rancho Quick Lift Shocks and springs. They are supposed to give more travel which should be smoother and eliminate:) that clanking when going over bumps from the spacers. Any feedback would be great guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
the ideal tire pressure that works is 36psi, this is what I run and anything over is over pressure

·
Registered
827 Posts
the ideal tire pressure that works is 36psi, this is what I run and anything over is over pressure
Really? This for all makes and brands?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I'm running BF's 275-70-18's and yes for our truck's weight 36psi is the perfect pressure

·
Registered
989 Posts
For a LT275/70/18, you need to run about 43 psi to be able to hold the same load that the stock tires are rated at, about 2300 lbs. (2600/1.1). You could probably get away with lower pressures when you are unloaded, but when loaded up, you don't want to run them less than 43 psi to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tire pressure is determined by the weight of the vehicle, not the tire. The factory already figured out the pressure to run for optimum mileage and wear. Its printed on the door jamb label.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks bestatchess for the RAncho review I will steer away. I am looking for something that would give me some travel that the leveling kit took away not much higher and definitley not to expensive. Maybe the adjustable Bilsteins?? On the tire preassure thanks for the input guys I went up to 38.5 and was noticing every little bump. I really never have loads in the truck . I will give the 36 psi a shot. I guess lower than 35 would be smoother but hurt tire wear and mileage?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
factory determines tire pressure by the factory 6 ply (c load) range tire... he's stepped up to a 10 ply (e load) tire... 44 psi max to an 80 psi max tire. If he runs 36 psi in those it will feel like its floating going down the road. I had the same tires on my 08 Tundra and I ran 55-60 rear and 60 front they wore perfectly. I would just bump up the rear pressure when heavy hauling. Don't put that low of pressure in those tires, won't be right. Tire place put 40 in mine when I first put them on and the truck felt like the sidewalls were folding over changing lanes on the freeway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That makes sense because factory Wranglers were not near enough as heavy duty as the these 10 ply E's. Thanks for all of your input guys well air them up to maybe 45 and see how they do. Keep any other opinions coming. I like the exchange of views here.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just had 45 in mine (in sig) all the way back from Dumont hauling my toyhauler and it was smooth as hell. I'll try 50 next time

·
Registered
569 Posts
I run 50-55 in my 37's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts