Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my wheels and tires mounted by discount tire. During the process the guy dropped one of my sensors on the ground. Well they continued to mount them and sure enough I have a light on the dash. It flashes for a minute then stays on. I read in the manual that if it flashes then theres a malfunction. My question is can I find out which sensor is bad without the dealer? I have an 07 SE KC. I went back to discount tire and told them they have to pay for it. They had some handheld scanner and went to each sensor and said they were all registering. How do I know which one is bad?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Probably the one they dropped?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I had on my factory tires a couple weeks ago without the sensors in them and my light never came on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
walleeme said:
Probably the one they dropped?
Ha. They mounted them in back so I wasnt able to see which one dropped and the dumba$$ that mounted them didnt remember which wheel he put them in. I really dont need them. If I take them all out then will the light still come on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want give me a call at west covina nissan and i can run what is called a service comm.on your truck to see if it is applicable to the tsb and if so schedule an appt.to get it repaired/replaced.

Frank
626-732-1000

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just had 2 of them go bad at the same time. The dealer told me which ones were bad. I had Firestone put the new ones in my new wheels & had to take the truck back to the dealer to get them registered. Knock on wood, no problems yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts