Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried to get new tires put on my truck but they wont put them on until get my missing tire sensor(which never came with my truck despite the 150 point inspection on nissan certified vehicles).

Long story short anyone know what happens when you are one sensor short and the low pressure light doesn't come on? any idea of whats going on? any help would be awesome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
textitan13 said:
So I tried to get new tires put on my truck but they wont put them on until get my missing tire sensor(which never came with my truck despite the 150 point inspection on nissan certified vehicles).

Long story short anyone know what happens when you are one sensor short and the low pressure light doesn't come on? any idea of whats going on? any help would be awesome
You think someone put the spare tire on for some reason, and the missing sensor is now hanging under the bed as your spare? If that did happen, I'm not sure if the warning light would stay off because I thought the sensors are powered by tire rotation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
sudden urge said:
You think someone put the spare tire on for some reason, and the missing sensor is now hanging under the bed as your spare? If that did happen, I'm not sure if the warning light would stay off because I thought the sensors are powered by tire rotation.
Is there a sensor on the spare tire? I was wondering if there was, so I'd know if the spare was flat prior to me needing it.... mine happens to be in the shop right now and I talked to the assistant manager about an hour ago-- once they have the sensors transplanted to the new wheels, he will see if the spare has a sensor, flatten the tire, and let me know if its monitored as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the sensor isnt on the spare. I dont know why but the light isnt on. the tech at the dealership said that either something is really wrong or that i dont even have the tire pressure system. Does it come standard? dont know why i would have the sensors and not the system? i think he was just blowing smoke out his ***. i just dont want to shell out 150 dollars for a new sensor
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
textitan13 said:
no the sensor isnt on the spare. I dont know why but the light isnt on. the tech at the dealership said that either something is really wrong or that i dont even have the tire pressure system. Does it come standard? dont know why i would have the sensors and not the system? i think he was just blowing smoke out his ***. i just dont want to shell out 150 dollars for a new sensor
What trim level is your Titan?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
The SE definitely should have the TPMS system. If you loose one the TPMS light should light up indicating a malfunction of the system. I think maybe there's something wrong with the BCM in your Titan.

The Titan system use four sensors and it detect rotation along with pressure.

NOTICE: The 06 and newer does not have audible chime, a light only indicate low pressure. If the light flash for one minute at start up and stay on it's system malfunction.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
next question. is it a warrenty issue? and any way you think i could get a replacement sensor from the dealer? my tire guy said that it was illegal to remove any part of the system. someone heard of that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
I ran 3 sensors on my 05 Armada and never had any problems. The only time the light came on, is when one of the tires with the sensors was low. Personally, I preffered not having them on, the tires had to have more than 35psi or they would light up and the max psi for the stock tires was 35 psi. It's not such a big deal with the Titan now, since my BFG"s max out at 80 psi.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top