Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had a problem when it gets chilling in the mornings with the tps light coming on? mine started doing it this week wife was driving so i wasn't for sure so i drove it today and this morning it was like 46degrees out and the light came out when i left the driveway. But then on the way home it was 76 out and it went out. Is this common or do I have a problem? thanks guys

·
Registered
274 Posts
dksfowler said:
has anyone had a problem when it gets chilling in the mornings with the tps light coming on? mine started doing it this week wife was driving so i wasn't for sure so i drove it today and this morning it was like 46degrees out and the light came out when i left the driveway. But then on the way home it was 76 out and it went out. Is this common or do I have a problem? thanks guys
It is common. The temperature drops thus the pressue drops in the tires. Remember the ideal gas law from high school? :idea: PV = nRT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_law
The (V)olume does not change, neither does the amount of air/gas (n) nor the gas constant (R). The (T)emperature goes down annd the (P)ressure has to go down. And when you get above 20 mph, the TPS goes off.

Just crank up the pressure a little. Problem goes away.

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
Ditto on the above^^^^

This will become a common question again with the temps beginning to cool down. Time for everyone to check pressures!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew the temp effect but just wanted to make sure that this was coomon thanks guys

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
they are all correct...when its cold out, the psi drops, when you drive on the tires, it created heat, and the psi increases again. during the winter, its imperative to check psi constantly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts