Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tire pressure warning light came on I just brought it home yesterday. I checked all of them and it says 36lbs to each one all the way around. Whats wrong?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
1BadTitan said:
My tire pressure warning light came on I just brought it home yesterday. I checked all of them and it says 36lbs to each one all the way around. Whats wrong?
sounds like the dealer may just need to reset the system, but may be a faulty sensor. sounds like you have a few problems but do not give up on the mighty titan. take it to the dealer they will take care of you :upsidedow

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
hmmm, dunno - but i've had mine beep obnoxiusly before while i was driving and it scared the bejeezus out of me, i thought the truck was going to explode or something, then i realized what the light symbol meant. sure enough my passenger rear tire was low, hmmm. still find that that particular tire loses pressure from time to time, i need to bring it in to have it serviced. warning light turned off after inflating it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine's been lit since day one. The left front wheel didn't have a sensor in the valve stem, just like the spare. My dealer has it ordered and I'll have it installed when I have them do the first (free) oil change.

If any of your wheels have plain black rubber valve stems, that's your problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine were acting fine until I took a trip to Daytona for Bike Week. After about 100 miles out of the 170 mile trip over, the sensor came on. I stopped and checked it out and all the tires were right at 36psi.

When I turned the truck back on, the light was off. However, it did the same thing on the trip home but it hasn't came on since.

I wonder why it was acting this way. I though maybe the tires were heating up and changed the pressure and as the temp dropped after the pressure went up, this could be the reason. Almost like the sensors thought I was losing air pressure.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I do not know if it is true that they just look at the air pressure. Mine went off this morning, so I checked them and the R/F was at 28 where the rest were at 34. I wonder if it noticed the difference and stuck up the flag?

I will have to check the tire tonight and see if I have to fix it. I do it my self, the kit that the dealer uses costs less than having them fix it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
pistonpete said:
Mine were acting fine until I took a trip to Daytona for Bike Week. After about 100 miles out of the 170 mile trip over, the sensor came on. I stopped and checked it out and all the tires were right at 36psi.

When I turned the truck back on, the light was off. However, it did the same thing on the trip home but it hasn't came on since.

I wonder why it was acting this way. I though maybe the tires were heating up and changed the pressure and as the temp dropped after the pressure went up, this could be the reason. Almost like the sensors thought I was losing air pressure.

Any ideas?
Same thing happened to me on a long trip. All tires were at 36 psi when checked and the light was out at the next restart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How low is low?

Does anyone know at what psi the low pressure warning light is activated? Reason being, I just checked the pressure of my BFG's and all tires are at 30 psi and no warning light. The door panel shows that these tires should be at 35.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think it is 28 PSI.

·
Registered
820 Posts
20" or 22" Wheels

Could someone explain how this system works?

I've been thinking about going with 20 or 22" wheels and tires, but did not want to mess with this warning system or have to deactivate and ruin my warranty on it.

Is it possible that the system would work with aftermarket wheels and tires?
If so, what needs to be hooked up electronically to keep the warranty in force?

Thanks,

D-Titan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts