Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers and keep them at 34-35 psi. Interesting to see what everyone keeps their tires at and what psi for different situations.

Thanks.

Merc

·
Registered
585 Posts
50 PSI everyday driving, i have load range E tires

Reactions: FlyFishMerc

·
Registered
542 Posts
38-40, with E-rated tires here too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think if I ran mine which are E rated at 38-40 that it would help gas mileage?

Thanks.

Merc

·
Registered
585 Posts
personally i think you should run air pressure wherever your tires wear the flattest it'll save you more money in tires than gas probably, just my 2cents

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
My truck gets driven in the dirt a lot so my tires are normally pretty low unless I have to drive to drive a long distance. Right now they are at 25 in the front and 20 in the rear. For highway driving I would put them at 35.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I run my stocks at 35 until the stupid dealer gets it, then they put them back down to 30.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm running 45psi in my E rated Toyos since that is about what I need to run to achieve the same load capacity/rating of the stock passenger tires.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Do you think if I ran mine which are E rated at 38-40 that it would help gas mileage?

Thanks.

Merc
Probably a very slight amount. I run mine at that spec because I've found it gives me fairly even wear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to 38 yesterday on a trip back for Oklahoma. Ran great on Hwy but on city roads, the extra 3 lbs from 35 was way different. Much smoother on city roads and bumps with 35. A much better ride IMO.

Merc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts