Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was in a bind like this last fall when I needed to get new rubber for the winter. I was turned on to Retread Tires - Buy Retread Tires, Cheap Tires, and Retreads Online by a few guys that use them to plow with in the winter and off-road in the summer. I bought 285/65 - 18's for $129 a piece! Yes, they are retread tires, but for my purposes (plowing) I couldn't beat the price. They look identical to BFG A/T KO's and come with or without "Kedge Grip" a traction additive. I've had them on since October and these things are ridiculous!!!!! I haven't gotten stuck once, even with all the snow we've had here recently, and I've pulled out numerous vehicles from ditches/snowbanks without so much as a slip. Check them out, it might be what you're looking for. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I can afford whatever tire I so choose, but I simply don't see the value in some of these niche market tires. Here's the link to the specific tire 285-65R18-WARDEN-A-T-(D) - Retread Tires from TreadWright, Inc.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well I'm sorry to say that just because I drive a Titan does not mean that I have 1200 dollars laying around for tires.
I was just pointing out how much tire prices have gone up in the past 5 years.
Then why in the heck are you checking on a size that is gonna cost more than the ones that came on your truck? If you don't have "$1200 laying around" as you put it, then you don't need to be buying expensive upgrades i would think. You gotta pay to play and it ain't a cheap game. I guess you got a lesson in the real world. I'll give you a hint though, next time you go to purchase a vehicle check to see what tires cost for the rim size on the vehicle before you buy it. I've never owned a vehicle that the tires lasted the whole life of the vehicle so you have to replace them. That way the sticker shock on tires won't be so bad. I know you can't take the truth but there it is so now chew my head off but the tires will still be high.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently purchase a set of 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers for $808 out the door. Cost me another $75 dollars to have them installed. I searched for months to find a reasonable price. Good luck on the tire hunting.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I recently purchase a set of 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers for $808 out the door. Cost me another $75 dollars to have them installed. I searched for months to find a reasonable price. Good luck on the tire hunting.
Now that is a good price on 18" tires. I'd say you got a very nice deal on some very nice tires. Thats the tires i'm gonna spring for next. Sure hope i can fall into a deal like that when i'm ready.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Then why in the heck are you checking on a size that is gonna cost more than the ones that came on your truck? If you don't have "$1200 laying around" as you put it, then you don't need to be buying expensive upgrades i would think. You gotta pay to play and it ain't a cheap game. I guess you got a lesson in the real world. I'll give you a hint though, next time you go to purchase a vehicle check to see what tires cost for the rim size on the vehicle before you buy it. I've never owned a vehicle that the tires lasted the whole life of the vehicle so you have to replace them. That way the sticker shock on tires won't be so bad. I know you can't take the truth but there it is so now chew my head off but the tires will still be high.
You don't know anything about me so please stop criticizing me. Are you a tire salesman or something?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts