Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i just started looking that this site and see some very good information.
i have a k/c and i am looking to upgrade tires and cant seem to find the right ones. ive been up in teh air between the toyo open country, nitto terra grapplers and the procomp a/ts. i am looking to get the biggest a/t tire i can for a stock 18x8 rim. i am installing a 2" leveling kit, and do not mind removing my mud flaps. which tire is prefered, and what is the largest tire i can install with a level kit and removing mudflaps.

another question - IF I HAVE TO perform a pinchweld mod - whereabouts can i find the information on it? how hard / time consuming is it?

thankyou, corey

·
Registered
6,067 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
papojengo said:
hi, i just started looking that this site and see some very good information.
i have a k/c and i am looking to upgrade tires and cant seem to find the right ones. ive been up in teh air between the toyo open country, nitto terra grapplers and the procomp a/ts. i am looking to get the biggest a/t tire i can for a stock 18x8 rim. i am installing a 2" leveling kit, and do not mind removing my mud flaps. which tire is prefered, and what is the largest tire i can install with a level kit and removing mudflaps.

another question - IF I HAVE TO perform a pinchweld mod - whereabouts can i find the information on it? how hard / time consuming is it?

thankyou, corey
Another Corey from NY. Welcome to TitanTalk.com! I noticed your profile lists a "chip" as a mod ... which one? and what type of gains did you get?

For an AT tire, the Pro Comps, (manufactured by Cooper), don't sound like a good choice ... check it out: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/1033634-post16.html

I like BFG, (owned by Michelin), and Nitto, (owned by Toyo), and Toyos.
BFG AT KO:
33.7" LT305/65R18/E
34.7"LT325/65R18/D [Probably pinch-weld-mod]

Nitto Terra Grappler AT:
33.3" LT275/70R18 E
33" LT325/60R18 D
34.9" LT325/65R18 D [Probably pinch-weld-mod]

Toyo AT:
LT285/75R18 34.8" [Maybe a pinch-weld-mod but, maybe not ... sort of a skinny tire, 11.3" sidewall on a 8" rim. Also a true LT ... some Toyo ATs are passenger vehicle rated] Btw. This has the highest load rating of any tire I've seen ... 4080 lbs. when running the max psi of its 80 psi max!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thank you for all of the info, i like the tera grapplers more than the open countries. gunna try out the 325/60/18, found a good deal on ebay.

as far as performance chip, i bought a unichip kit from a guy on ebay who had plans to install on his armada however sold the truck at wifes request ( how true is the story, idk ) i just know i got a killer deal and couldnt pass it up.
i have not installed it yet, because i have a volant cai coming in, as well as a cat back exhaust. i would like to do everything all in one shot when i have the shop time next weekend. there is a shop next door to the shop im in that has a dyno jet, so you bet ill post results and monitor long term for differences. im expecting 25-30% gains with the chip/cai/exhaust. ill either be very happy or very upset

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
[im expecting 25-30% gains with the chip/cai/exhaust. ill either be very happy or very upset/QUOTE]

You'll be upset...25% of 305 HP is 76HP....Do really think you're going to pick up 75+ HP?....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
:informati

JBA headers & catback system : 22 hp, 28 torque (will have within days)

S&B intake and POWERAID tbs : 12 hp, 14 torque (installed, however may switch to a volant to try air box mod)

3 simple bolt on mods which have been tested first hand : 35hp, 42torque

with a 2* timing advance, and altering the ecm's a/f via chip programming:

i dont know, you tell me? i dont think 40hp isnt going to be too hard to achieve, and if it is, 60hp 60torque is absolutely not out of the question. in my opinion yea, 75hp is a valid number to shoot for, and if for some reason it isnt, bbk 85mm throttlebody will be out soon ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.