Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have used the original P-rated Grabbers on our stock 18 Pro-4X with a little under 19K miles, through two winters thus far. The traction is just so, so. For our other daily drivers, we have dedicated winter tire/wheel combos. For the truck, a dedicated set is not desirable and we are looking at suitable combo service tires now. In consideration are the following; all in the stock 275/70R18 size:

Toyo Open Country A/T III; @53 lbs each
DUELER A/T REVO 3; @50 lbs each
TERRAINCONTACT A/T; @59 lbs each
DESTINATION X/T ; @49 lbs each

All choices are S rated and suitable for snow service. Other than the TerrainContact, weights are reasonably similar. I prefer a black sidewall and know that the Toyo is available in black. Have not looked deeply into whether the others are available in BSW versions. I have seen a positive post or two on the Bridgestone's here. Tire Rack rates the Bridgestone's highly in snow, the Conti's not so much (Snow Test). The other two are rated for severe snow service.

Would appreciate F/B from folks using these specific tires.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Currently run Toyo OC C/T on Titan. Have Toyo A/T on a 4Runner and had A/T on a Frontier. Can't go wrong with Toyo - just choose your tread and load rating. I prefer E load rating for Titan.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I like E load rating tires on the Titan, as well. A little more road feel transmitted to the driver/passengers, but road manners are more stable and towing is significantly improved. If you go from p-series to LT, and up to E load range, you're going to gain tire weight for sure. Can't recall exactly but I think I picked up 12-15lbs per tire going from the p-rated BFG Ragged Fails which came on my 2011 to a set of BFG TA KOs in the same size. Lost 1mpg or possibly as much as 1.5mpg. Just upgraded to 295/70r18s with a 3" lift and I suspect I've lost another half mpg, but haven't run the first full tank to see any real-world numbers yet. Everything has been short trip low mpg stuff so far, so very hard to get a feel for it yet.

Reactions: aba4430

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are Nissan dealers still running the buy 3 get 1 free? I had Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s out the door for $920 - install and alignment included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts