Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using? Hows the fling? I used to use stoner and found that to be the best before it became carb compliant and now it isnt shiny. I switched to mothers speed shine but it flings quite a bit. Meguires flings even worse!
I apply after each wash (once a week) but nothing compares to the old stoner. Your thoughts....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What are you guys using? Hows the fling? I used to use stoner and found that to be the best before it became carb compliant and now it isnt shiny. I switched to mothers speed shine but it flings quite a bit. Meguires flings even worse!
I apply after each wash (once a week) but nothing compares to the old stoner. Your thoughts....
Ok I gotta ask what is old stoner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the new stoner. Doesnt fling but not nearly as shiny as the "pre" carb...old stoner lol

Attachments

Reactions: noel55

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
195 Posts
When I don't want the sling, I use Chemical Guys. Doesn't give me the best shine, but does prevent the sling and lasts me longer than the aerosol spray stuff.

If I want the tires to scream "LOOK AT ME!" I use Meguiars Insane tire shine.

I found some stuff called "Dubs" that looks ok as well, but the cans definitely introduce the sling factor.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
321 Posts
I don't use tire shine of any type. Even new tires don't shine. "Wet shine" on tires just looks weird.Almost every tire treatment deteriorates the rubber and decreases traction because it ALWAYS slings and gets on the tread. I just clean the tires and drive.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I've been using Mother's Back to Black tire shine. I apply it with a rag and don't directly spray the tires. Works well. 👍

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Ok I gotta ask what is old stoner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoner brand makes some good stuff. Their Invisible Glass cleaner works amazingly! 👌

Reactions: matt20

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well I stopped using tire shine when it became evident that it flies off at high speed and leaves spots on the paint that I have to buff off. I like the wet shiny look but not the spots. Is there some brand that works without the spots?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't use tire shine of any type. Even new tires don't shine. "Wet shine" on tires just looks weird.Almost every tire treatment deteriorates the rubber and decreases traction because it ALWAYS slings and gets on the tread. I just clean the tires and drive.
Some types of vehicles don't need it to look good. Trucks (unless the lowrider/show trucks) generally look better when they're all muddy and look like they've been on the trail.

Sports cars, luxury cars, they look nice when the tires have that wet look to them. It's like going out to a formal event, or going camping. A nice fancy watch isn't going to be handy while camping.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well I stopped using tire shine when it became evident that it flies off at high speed and leaves spots on the paint that I have to buff off. I like the wet shiny look but not the spots. Is there some brand that works without the spots?
Have you tried the gels? Those don't sling nearly as bad.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys....I've tried a lot and stoner seems to be the best as sling goes that I've experienced. As far as sling spots are concerned, a quick detail spray with a fresh towel the next day works great I guess.
Have to have the "shine" on any vehicle not just sports cars....its just not complete without it. Like not wearing a watch with a suit ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Superior Product Cover All aerosol is the best tire shine I have used. it is kind of hard to find, but Orielly's carries it.

Also try Dupi-color tire paint it works amazing but is messy as hell. It is like black dye so it is a pain in the *** to install. I usually spray on foam then wipe tire. Do not get it on rims it stains like crazy and requires lacquer thinner to remove. Also wear gloves but it last months oriellys carries it also, over in the paint section.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only time I ever use it is when I'm selling a car or want to take some photos. When I do that I use Duragloss Black Detail Spray, because you can use it on tires and fender linings alike. It's clear, so if you overspray it's nbd. Smells like melon too which is nice.

But under normal circumstances I don't need my tires to look wet lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts