Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2008 Titan LE 4x4 with the 20" rims a few month ago and love it so far. My question is- It will need new tires in the new couple months and I'm not sure what my options are. If possible I'd like to get something a little larger and more aggressive than the current stock tire size. That being said I don't want to have to do any mods to the truck. I've seen this discussion a few times for 17 & 18" rims, but not the 20's. Does anyone know what tire size options will work without any mods? Also will any of these larger sizes effect ride, handling, ect?

Also I love to hunt and fish so I do take some trips off the beaten path, but 95% of my driving is in town or on the highway. So I want a blend of something that will wear well and last doing the highway driving, but look more aggressive and be able to get me down a mud road. Any brand/style suggestions?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am partial of course BUT I would ay go with the 305/55 R20 DURATRACS! I have had them for about a month now and love'em! I do have the leveling kit and took the front mud flaps off to be safe. The duratracs come in stock size as well. The severe weather stamp is what sold them for me cuz of the snow we get up north. Ss far they have lived up to expectations. They do like to wonder on the highway abit but you'll get that with any wide tire following the traffic grooves. Alotta guys like the nitto terra's on here. Never had a set but have heard really good things.

It really comes down to what you are using your truck for and what you wanna outta a tire. I am sure others with pipe in too. I know Scottysize just got a set of 305 Terra's recently. I like my Duratracs tho, changed the look of my truck completly!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So to fit those tires you have on my truck would I have to have a leveling kit or would they work with 100% stock truck? Also this is probably a very newbie question:bangit:, but since looking on here for info about tires I've seen a lot of talk about leveling kits. I'm completely familiar with lift kits, I've installed one on a old Jeep, but what are the leveling kits for?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
nitto terra grappler! idk what size fits the 20s but ive had 2 sets of them and love em.. gonna thro a set on padres 2010 LE CC this summer when his crapyears end their 1.5yr, 12,000 mile life.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Theres also the Cooper Zeon LTZ. Don't know if 305 55 20 will fit with stock but 305 50 20 should no problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it sounds like no one has really tried to put any larger tires on the stock 20" wheels without at least doing a leveling kit? This might be a dumb question, but if it's only leveling out the truck and not really lifting it, how does it help fit larger tires? How much is the leveling kit, how much time and expertise does it take to install and most importantly does it effect the handling, ride, ect? I do agree after seeing many pictures of trucks on here it does make the truck look a lot better overall in my opinion. I'm not sure if I want to spend money on something like that considering I need new tires, but if you can't run a larger tire without it I may consider it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
the front is where you have fitment issues with larger tires, since the level lifts the front of the rig, you gain more room for larger tires up front. The rears you could prob fit close to 37's with no modification, its just since the fronts turn left and right, they require more clearance than the rear for the same size tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts