Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread with tire sizes and if they will fit without modding. I am getting the Mud Grappler and I have stock OR 285/70/17 now... But I want to get the Mud Grappler 35-12.5-17 which has a diameter of 34.84. The stock Rugged Trails are 33" diameter, so that is only 1.84/2 taller correct? So my tire is not even getting an inch taller and it seems that should be fine....But I am not the expert...Thanx all

Eric

P285/70R17 117T ORWL 61312 7.5 - 9.5 11.2 on 7.5 33 11 630 [email protected] * N/A N DT

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
You'll definitely rub without further mods (lift, or level with some trimming.) Those new tires are much wider than stock. OEM tires aren't exactly 33" in diameter either, slightly less.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
yeah, I have 35's with a 6" lift, removed mud guards, pinch weld mod, and I still have some rubbing. Also these tires are noisy as hell.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I think you'll need a leveling kit at least. The side lugs on the grapplers are what rub, so 12.5" is not really the width of the entire tire.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Probably the biggest factor is what wheel you plan to run. Less backspacing (as most aftermarket wheels are) will increase the probability of rubbing.

BTW that 12.5" is section width, not tread width. You can usually find all the measurements off the Nitto website.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not changing wheels right now, and the pinch weld looks really simple. So perhaps the PRG Level kit will do the trick?

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
With 33"s, stock wheels, and level kit, I think you'll be good (probably even without cutting the pinch weld.) I was running a 33x12.5 on a 17x8 wheel with +12mm of offset (5" BS) and a PRG kit with no rub. Others on here have run BFG T/As in a near 35" size on factory rims with only a level kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts