Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AT 667 MILES TRANZ FAILESAFED, DEALER REPLACED SOLENOID A.? BRAKE BOOSTER REPLACED AS PER NOISE WHEN PEDAL CAME UP. APPT FOR BOOSTER AGAIN FOR DIFERENT NOISE. NOW FOR THE QUESTION OF THE DAY[[[[[[[[
THERE IS 16K ON MY TITAN LE. A VERY PAMPERED TRUCK, ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. TIRES ROTATED ONCE ALL READY & BALANCED. FRONT TIRES ARE CUPPING AND OR CHOPPED OUTSIDE EDGE, DEALER WANTS TO PERFORM AN ALIGNMENT FOR 80.00, IS THIS FOR REAL?? DOES ANYBODY HAVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT LIKE WARRANTY OR???. WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE WORDS OF WISDOM. SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY BUT NOW ITS UP TO DATE WITH ALL GONE WRONG. :crying:

·
Premium Member
73,102 Posts
AT 667 MILES TRANZ FAILESAFED, DEALER REPLACED SOLENOID A.? BRAKE BOOSTER REPLACED AS PER NOISE WHEN PEDAL CAME UP. APPT FOR BOOSTER AGAIN FOR DIFERENT NOISE. NOW FOR THE QUESTION OF THE DAY[[[[[[[[
THERE IS 16K ON MY TITAN LE. A VERY PAMPERED TRUCK, ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. TIRES ROTATED ONCE ALL READY & BALANCED. FRONT TIRES ARE CUPPING AND OR CHOPPED OUTSIDE EDGE, DEALER WANTS TO PERFORM AN ALIGNMENT FOR 80.00, IS THIS FOR REAL?? DOES ANYBODY HAVE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT LIKE WARRANTY OR???. WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE WORDS OF WISDOM. SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY BUT NOW ITS UP TO DATE WITH ALL GONE WRONG. :crying:
:lol: WHAT??????

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I dont even know where to start.

·
Premium Member
78,488 Posts
Your tires should have been rotated at least twice with the miles you have. If it does need aligning, take it to another service station, it'll be cheaper. Does the truck want to pull in one direction while on a smooth, level road?

·
Registered
441 Posts
lets start why would i need an alignment with 16k on freeway miles truck.
If you live in Mississippi, I'd get the alignment checked every oil change no matter what vehicle you drive because the roads are bad around here. Many service stations and tire shops offer a lifetime alignment for $120 or so, and it pays for itself on the 2nd alignment check. Usually, my alignment is out of speck by less than 1* due to my roads, but I spend an extra 30 minutes every oil change (3750 mile interval) to help keep the tires in the best shape possible. I also rotate the tires every other oil change. All vehicles need to have the tires rotated regularly, especially pickups with their front-heavy weight distribution. Tire pressure needs to be checked on the rear since it's all too easy to overinflate the rears with no load in the bed or on the trailer hitch and cause the rear tires to wear in the center instead of evenly.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
If your running the stock goodyears, they are known for not getting great wear. So if your alignment was off, they might wear faster than you would think since they are not that good.

I see that you are in Fallbrook, what dealer did you take it to? Since you have 16k miles, you probably have to pay for an alignment yourself (i think you get till 12k for adjustments, etc since i got a free alignment before i hit 12k because mine was off).

You could try to go to a different shop and see if they give free alignment checks. This way you might know if the dealer is just trying to get you to pay for an alignment or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your tires should have been rotated at least twice with the miles you have. If it does need aligning, take it to another service station, it'll be cheaper. Does the truck want to pull in one direction while on a smooth, level road?
the truck drives straight as an arrow, no vibration, some good ideas from other owners such as lifetime alignments!

·
Premium Member
78,488 Posts
the truck drives straight as an arrow, no vibration, some good ideas from other owners such as lifetime alignments!
Doesn't seem like an alignment would do much, then. The outside of the front tires will wear harder because of steering. Rotating them every 5k-7k miles will help this out. If you have the stock SR-As, they will wear badly. Our heavy trucks eat them fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
holy crap, bonsall! how cool, so you know the roads are ok around here, I bought and have taken it to oceanside mossy nissan. my faith in them is dwindling. they gave me a hard time about replacing d/s sun visor that broke off as well as the pass side door weather strip, it looks like a 10 year old installed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i owned a 2005 titan untill someone ran a stop sign and totaled it, however where did you by the lift kit, my 05 had one and tire wear was perfect, 30k before replaceing them

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Omg, thank you so much for turning your caps off!! Your first post was really bad and was all over the place. But yeah as others have posted these stock SR-A's are complete garbage and wear out really fast. Your best bet would be to go get a new set of tires first. My tires are at 22k miles and are in horrible shape and slip and slide all over wet roads and will be getting thrown in the dumpster at the end of this year. if your truck is tracking nice and straight your alignment sounds pretty good, it's probably just the tires are crap. And also as posted before you should have had 2-3 rotations by 16k miles. On a heavy truck rotations are very crucial to getting any kind of mileage out of your tires.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
my 09 has 10541 miles on it my stock tires are wearing pretty fast. they surely do suck. the first few weeks i bought mine i thought i had align problems took to dealer they did a check free came out good BUT it turns out at the factory the steering wheel was off so driving with it straight had me pulling. go figure anyway they fixed the steering wheel and showed me the align print out has been fine ever since. i guess it depends on what kind of dealer you have. most shops only charge 20 bucks to put it on and check it. i would also buy new tires those goodyear stocks dont grip antyhing anyway:)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They didn't charge you because alignments are covered for 12m/12,000 miles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts