Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After looking at it for a while, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Hopkins 40920 7-blade and 4-pole adapter designed for GM trucks and it fit on the back of my Titan just fine. I don't know if this is common knowledge or if there's some reason I shouldn't use that adapter, but I wanted to throw the tip out there and I'm open to hearing why using it is a bad idea that should make me feel bad :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought the same one a few years ago. I had the exposed metal pole on the 4pole break off on me. Never worked after that so I am back with the adapter.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use the Hopkins 40955 because it has the harness on the back and I can tap into the reverse light wire for the back-up camera without touching/breaking the factory harness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have to cut anything. I just unplugged the factory adapter, twisted it out, twisted the new one in place, and plugged the harness into the back of it after putting some grease in there. Easy peasy.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,628 Posts
My truck came with one. :dunno:

·
Registered
171 Posts
when you add a back-up camera, the power is from the reverse lights. The adapter I bought has a small set of wires between the 7 pin connector and where the factory harness plugs into the adapter. I tap into the white wire for reverse lights power. Your adapter has all the wires molded inside and unable to access the needed white wire. i would have to run my power for the camera into the rear tail lights area or tap into the truck 7 pin harness itself to find the power.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I gotcha. I used the Hopkins Smart Hitch system when I added a backup camera to my truck and it has an adapter that you plug the factory harness into and then plug that into the adapter at the hitch so it can read the reverse signal without needing to cut wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts