Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought some 20's for my titan, and I can't decide which tires I want to go with. I'm going with the tire size of 275/60/20 or 275/65/20. The chooses are:

Hankook DynoPro AT RF10
Cooper Zeon LTZ
Kuhmo Venture AT KL78
Firestone Destination AT

I want something that would look aggressive. Which one would you guys think is the right choose? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cooper Zeon. Doesn't get any more aggressive looking then these and you won't sacrafice the ride. Check out the reviews at Discount Tire. All positive. Great tire.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was leaning toward the Cooper Zeon or the Hankook Dynopro AT but can't decide yet. Can anyone please post pictures of the Cooper zeon in close up and the hankook dynopro close up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just put the Zeons through a good test. Snow and ice storm while hunting in South Dakota. Roads were terrible,drove all around on my uncles farm through drifts,back roads-no problem! They are some of the best tires I have owned.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read some reviews that states the treadwear on Cooper Zeon is not so great. Is there any truth to this? I know treadwear may varies depending on your driving and where you're driving. Can you please let me know what is your experience so far with the treadwear on Cooper Zeon.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I am not the best one to answer that. I do not use my T as a daily driver and have only put on 4k since I bought the Zeons.

·
Registered
364 Posts
After researching tires for my Titan it came down to the Hankook DynaPro's or the Cooper Zeon's - both tire have outstanding reviews and are very affordable. I took the Coopers over the P-rated DynaPro's because the Zeon's had the load rating I wanted for towing my boat around.

If you don't tow or haul any big loads you maybe more happy with the P-rated (passenger car rated) DynaPro's because you'll have a softer ride. The Coopers are going to be a little stiffer because they are a light truck tire but you'll have better handling. I'm sure you'll be happy with ether one of those (as long as you want an All Terrain tire).

So far I've had my Coopers up in the San Juan mountain trails (Colorado) plus last Wednesday night I drove 150 miles through a winter storm without any slipping or getting out of control on the main roads. I'm very pleased with these tires so far (7,000 miles). Click on this link to see a video I took of my Cooper Zeon's on a very slippery muddy trail Testing the Cooper Zeon's on slippery mud trails on Vimeo

·
Registered
364 Posts
I read some reviews that states the treadwear on Cooper Zeon is not so great. Is there any truth to this? I know treadwear may varies depending on your driving and where you're driving. Can you please let me know what is your experience so far with the treadwear on Cooper Zeon.
Here is a link to DiscountTire's reviews. I don't see to many treadwear issues Tire Reviews - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey im also in the market for tires for my 20s as well... i was thinking of getting either the nitto terra grapps or the coopers zeon ltz but at 305/55/20, do u think i'd have any issues with that size?
(stockers 275-60-20)

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey im also in the market for tires for my 20s as well... i was thinking of getting either the nitto terra grapps or the coopers zeon ltz but at 305/55/20, do u think i'd have any issues with that size?
(stockers 275-60-20)
Nitto Terra Grapps are very popular and highly recommended on this forum but they did not make my list mainly due to cost per tire. You can get stock sized Cooper Zeon's for $179.00 each at Mills Fleet Farm and I've seen them go on sale buy 3 get one free, a few times now. I wish I would have caught one of those sales :eyebrow:

Sorry, I don't know anything about the larger sized ones.

·
Registered
99 Posts
thanks for the info bud

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys, I decided to go with the Cooper Zeon LTZ. I just missed out on the sale at PEPBOYS, it ended on 11/28/2010. They had the buy 3 get 1 special. Oh well, I don't need right away, hope they run that special again soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts