Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy either 305/70 or the 35X12.50 to mount on the stock 18" wheels. 85% of my driving is on the highway, but from time to time I have to drive on unplowed roads in winter (up to a foot or more). I drive 160 miles round trip to work if that makes any difference. I've had off brand 10 ply M/S stock size that went 62K miles. The set I have now is Mastercraft AXT 10ply also stock size and have 61K on them now. I keep em rotated and aired properly. And have alignment checked fairly often. I'd prefer a 45K tire that's A/T. The full on M/T puts me to sleep with the hummm... This will be on a '12 Crew P4X with Bilstein adjustable front shocks on the 2" notch. Rear is stock height.

Ready?
GO!

·
Premium Member
69,410 Posts
Toyo AT2 L/T

Reactions: BigSexy72

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2014 with bilstein 5100s all the way around and the front on the #2 notch , I lived in Fairbanks Alaska for 2 years and I ran KO2s the whole time, they got me though the snow, ice, muskeg and mud. I still run them now in the desert. extremely reliable in my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2014 with bilstein 5100s all the way around and the front on the #2 notch , I lived in Fairbanks Alaska for 2 years and I ran KO2s the whole time, they got me though the snow, ice, muskeg and mud. I still run them now in the desert. extremely reliable in my experience.
What size are you runnin bro?

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I have a 6" lift and am running the OE wheels, with 325/65R18's on them. This is the second set of Nitto Terra Grapplers that I've had. I got over 40k miles on the first set. Very good tires. They are BIG and they are WIDE.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'll second the BFG TA/KO recommendation if you can afford them in the size you need. I am almost done with a set in the OEM 275/70r18 size, and I'm sitting at 78k on them right now, with maybe another 5k left before they're to the wear bars. Now, I do some relatively long commutes, so that helps my mileage, as opposed to a lot of stop/go, but these things wear like iron. I haven't had trouble in rain, or in the light snow we get here in northern Alabama (2-5" a couple of times a year). They make getting around my deer lease in the mountains of northern Alabama easy.

I'm about to lift my truck and go to a different size, and BFG doesn't make them in the TA/KO2, as best I can find, so I'll be looking at something else. Leaning toward a Mickey Thompson or **** Cepek AT tire, or perhaps a set of Coopers. Also looked at a Kumho but didn't ultimately make the cut.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ran the stock Goodyear Wrangler for a while but switched over to the Michelin Defenders in OEM size 275/70R18. I am happy with them, quiet at interstate cruising speeds and the ride and handling is excellent.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Stock Goodyears... 15k
Pro Comp Mud Terrains (35x12.50-17)... 20k
Cooper Discoverers (35x12.50-17)... 30k
Kumho Road Venture MT... not sure, they sucked though
Nitto Terra Grapplers (325/65/R18)... 40k
Nitto Terra Grapplers (325/65/R18)... Still running em with around 20k on them I'd say

I will buy the Nitto's every time. Coopers disappointed me after having them on my previous truck (S10 ZR2). Kumho's were terrible, Pro Comp M/T were typical mud tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run Kumho Road Venture A/T-51's. I'm mostly on the highway but being in the midwest they've seen a little bit of everything from snow, and ice to dirt and gravel roads. Zero complaints. Been very pleased with how they've performed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I was forced into buying a tire that no one had mentioned yet. The right front tire slipped a belt and I had to get tires right then and there...sooo... I settled on stock size (275/70/18) Hankook AT2 RF11 in 10 ply. I'm NOT happy with having to get a stock size tire. But it is what it is... I mean it's a 60K warranty tire and since the truck has 162K on it, these will likely be the last set I buy cuz I honestly don't think the truck will make it much past 200K (I'm pretty hard on my ****)

So thanks for all your input. It was GREATLY appreciated.

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts