Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys thought the ride might be like if you put on a set of BFG All-Terrain's instead of the BFG Rugged Trails. The former being a LT tire with a stiffer sidewall. Does Nissan have any heartburn about this? :computern

·
Registered
294 Posts
Titaneer said:
Just wondering what you guys thought the ride might be like if you put on a set of BFG All-Terrain's instead of the BFG Rugged Trails. The former being a LT tire with a stiffer sidewall. Does Nissan have any heartburn about this? :computern
Good question Titaneer, I'm interested in doing the same as I want the additional stability of an LT tire for towing, mild off-roading, etc. I want to put either the Goodyear AT/S in load range E (80 psi) or the BFG TA/ko in load range D (65 psi). I called Nissan to see if they could provide the max air pressure and load rating for the 5 spoke rims as some rims are only made to withstand certain pressures and loads, and they really couldn't provide any info other than the ratings for the tires. Like you side, the BFG's will ride a bit stiffer becuase they have 3 ply sidewalls. It shouldn't have any effect on our warranty as the dealers sell and install them but Nissan can't advocate putting any tire on the vehicle other than the stock tire.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Titaneer said:
The ride will be slightly stiffer because of the LT load rating, and perhaps a small increase in vibration because of the tread pattern. Will also be noisier. Another very good all-terrain tire to consider is the Bridgestone Revo.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Titaneer said:
Install what ever tires you want. Nissan does not warranty the tire and it's pretty unlikely that the tires are going to cause any other failures to the truck, you will be okay.

·
Registered
294 Posts
outahere said:
The ride will be slightly stiffer because of the LT load rating, and perhaps a small increase in vibration because of the tread pattern. Will also be noisier. Another very good all-terrain tire to consider is the Bridgestone Revo.
I would love to put the Revo's on but they don't make them for 18" rims yet.

·
Registered
780 Posts
35x14.5x17s or 35x14x16.5s

i want 35x15x17s or 35x15x16.5s tires (which will require 10" rims) cause wider tires float better over sand dunes, mud, & snow, but i'll likely need to some kind of lift kit (7" ?) installed first. I don't want to go too tall (like 38+" tall tires) as that'll upset the handling and make the titan more prone to rollovers. if i can do without any lifts to add 33x15x16.5 tires then all the better.

All this is going to cost big $$.

far more imporant than the nice looking big tires are installatons of e-locking or arb locking differential in the front and rear axle's differentials - this will have the most effect in not getting stuck: What good are big tires if the massive 379 fp torque can not be applied to all four tires as needed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts