Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday before the storm blew in - took the Titan up to the High Sierra to get some back-country skiing in.

It was a great base as we geared up for the day at 7813'.

Looks good in the snow:

Sunday morning woke up to 16" of new snow. The bed of the truck was almost full of snow. The snow plows had plowed around the truck leaving a nice berm to deal with.

No problem for the the truck. While folks dug with shovels, struggled to put chains on, and slipped all over the place - I put into 4WH and drove off like any other day.

Another 12" of snow fell before leaving town. With 28" of new snow, some drifting going on - this truck drove so well.

Man - I love this truck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Where are you from BB. I live in Reno and we have been getting hammered this year. A buddy of mine in truckee is loving all the snow.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Nice - how's the powerband at that altitude anyway? I bet she was choking!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I'm jealous!

Where did the money come in anyways?

For a second there, I thought you lost control and went over an embankment and woke up in some sort of "Misery" remake!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep, that green Titan looks sexy in the snow. What make and brand of tire are you running?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I live in SoCal. The pics were taken at the Obsidian Dome turn off - just South of June Lake and about 9 miles North of Mammoth. Given all the new snow, we headed into an area that was heavily wooded to minimize avalanche risk. We climbed to the top of little peak in the area - 9780', then I skied, and the other two (in the photo) snowboarded down. It was a very good day. I bought the truck primarily for this purpose - accessing Eastern Sierra back-country ski terrain.

The truck had plenty of power even at the altitude. I didn't notice any decrease in performance at all.

I don't know why it looks so clean. I drove up the night before through rain, then through snow. But it looks good, no?

Still running the BFG Rugged Trail T/As - 285/70/17. It has DR Front coil-overs providing the leveling effect.

$$$$ - old '90's slang for awesome. As in "that truck is money!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts